Paypal Gives Sellers the Shaft

furrowed-brow
New Community Member

Ok, so I list some items on eBay. A few days later my brother gets hit by a car as he's walking across the street. He's lucky he wasn't hurt any worse than he was, but he was still hurt pretty bad...broken arm, shattered foot, lots of scrapes and embedded glass from hitting the windshield. Life was crazy for a few days, many days actually. For the items that sold, I sent messages to the buyers telling them what happened and that shipping was going to be delayed. If they wanted refunds, that was cool. Otherwise I'd get them out as soon as possible. Everyone was very understanding...or so I thought. One day I get an e-mail from a buyer stating she hadn't gotten her book. Rather than giving me the opportunity to reply, that same day she files a claim with paypal saying I stole her money. I said, NOOO I didn't. I give paypal the tracking info and send her book out. Today I get a message from paypal saying she changed her claim. I had hoped I was done dealing with her. Instead, she claimed I sent her a large rock. A ROCK!!!! How ridiculous is that??!!!!???  I responded to the claim. Not even 5 minutes later, paypal resolved the issue after their investigation (5 minutes??) and refunded her money!!!! So, she got her money back, along with a hard cover first edition James Patterson novel in excellent edition because paypal is, I don't know, losing their mind? What is their problem? If her claim wasn't so absurd I might be able to understand it a little bit more, but a rock? Paypal has lost their focus. I really wish another company was out there and more prevalent so I wasn't forced to use a company with practices such as this. But, what can I do??

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

stina3246
Contributor
Contributor

I know how you feel. I have a dispute against me. The item WAS shipped after i bent over backwards to accomodate the buyer after he refused to pay the listed shipping price. (Which I didn't set...it was the E-bay shipping calculator) Now he has filed a claim against me for a non-received item (without contacting me first) He's been so rude and nasty since day one that I just want to refund him but because of the "investigation" I can't but I also can't respond to the dispute at all.  I am only given 3 options.

Show proof (ok shame on me for not getting delivery confirmation)

Tell them the item was never sent and do the refund (I sent it and WILL NOT say that I didn't)

Or show proof of a refund (which I am not being allowed to do unless I say I never shipped it!!)

Where are the sellers rights. Even E-bay will not allow you to post negative comments about the buyer no matter what they do to you!!! Makes me not want to use either service ever again.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Have you appealed the decision?

Login to Me Too

chainbreaker2
Contributor
Contributor

One word, APPEAL, two words, CALL PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

Annasophia
Contributor
Contributor

I agree! I wish there was some more choises from Ebay to use other payment services! Selleres can't even take Money orders anymore!! And what happened to BIllpay?? We are forced to  use 1 Payment service and put up with their BULL**** practices and high fees!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.