PAYPAL HELPS SELLER TO KEEP $1400 with Non-Consistent Policy Interpretations

MLifestyle
Contributor
Contributor

A dispute was opened by the Buyer when the Buyer received Goods not ordered; meaning the Seller sent the Buyer non-authentic version of apple iPods. Buyer covered the basis by asking Seller continually to confirm that no replicas, duplicates would be accepted and to confirm that they were Apple iPods manufactured by Apple. The Seller stated that they were. The Buyer agrees to order the Apple iPods and pays the Seller $1400. The Seller sends the Buyer something other than Apple iPODs as agreed to in their email and IM chats. The Buyer mails the Seller back their goods because it is not what was ordered.  Buyer requestes the $1400 Refund. Seller will not give Buyer the refund or provide what was ordered by the Buyer.  Buyer has DHL waybill that states the items were picked up by their goods and sent to PayPal Dispute. Buyer sends the DHL item to Seller showing that their company picked them up. Now the Buyer is out of their $1400 and DO NOT HAVE THE GOODS PAID FOR EITHER.  This is fraud to send someone goods that were not ordered. I (Buyer) did not agree to order something close to an Apple iPod or something close to the Apple iPOD. GET THIS : UNDER PAYPAL RULES THE SELLER APPARENTLY CAN SEND YOU SOMETHING MADE-TO-BE-A-LOOK-A-LIKE OR SOMETHING CLOSE TO WHAT YOU PAID FOR BUT NOT WHAT YOU ORDERED. YOU CAN RETURN IT TO THE SELLER FOR MIS-REPRENSENTATION/FRAUD & LOOSE YOUR MONEY LIKE I DID. PAYPAL BUYER'S PROTECTION WILL NOT ENSURE YOU GET YOUR PRODUCT OR YOUR MONEY BACK. THEY HIDE BEHIND IT WAS NOT ORDERED FROM EBAY. ALTHOUGH I HAVE PURCHASED OTHER ITEMS FROM OTHER USERS AND THEY RETURNED THE FUNDS BECAUSE THE SELLER DID NOT SEND ME WHAT I PAID FOR. NOW SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS CRAP?

In both cases the Buyer Outcome was the same: I paid, did not get what I paid for, returned it to the Seller. In one case PayPal returned my money to me (Buyer) and the 2nd case which is identical returned the money to the Seller and left me WITHOUT A PRODUCT AND $1400.00.

PayPal Dispute department is not consistent, their interpretation is subject to who you are assigned to handle your case. PayPal stated to me that me the Buyer is ONLY PROTECTED BY EBAY PURCHASES FOR BUYER PROTECTION WHICH I DISAGREE WITH BECAUSE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF ONLINE RETAILERS THAT PAYPAL IS ACCEPTED BY, BUT THIS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD. PAYPAL I CHALLENGE YOU TO LISTEN TO THE RECORDED CONVERSATION IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD ABOUT YOUR BUYER'S PROTECTION & WHY MY $1400 WAS NOT REFUNDED AND THE SELLER WAS ALLOWED TO KEEP THE GOODS AND MONEY!

My advice, DON'T USE PAYPAL TO PAY FOR ANYTHING BECAUSE IF YOU GET INTO A DISPUTE IT BECOMES A COIN TOSS SUBJECT TO THE DISPUTE ANALYST INTERPRETATION. YOU WILL BE LEFT WITHOUT THE GOODS & MONEY POTENTIALLY. PAY WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY BECAUSE THEY CLASSIFY BOTH OF MY CASES AS RETAILER FRAUD AND U SHOULD BE REIMBURSED ACCCORDING TO THEIR CONSISTANT POLICY OF FRAUD (verify my statement with your credit card company's policy to be sure).

One thing I do know is that in my case of the $1400 refunded product non-authentic not even close simulated products that looked like a version of an Apple iPOD; PayPal allowed the Seller to keep my $1400 and left me with nothing. I got scammed on a switch and bait using PayPal's policy and PayPal helped them to do it to me. For anyone who wants the evidence on both cases and the decisions by PayPal please send an email to codysoars@yahoo.com. I have the information to prove it.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MLifestyle
Contributor
Contributor

TYPO ABOUT WHAT BUYER CONFIRMED WITH SELLER REGARDING AUTHENTICITY OF GOODS:  BUYER WOULD NOT ACCEPT REPLICAS, DUPLICATES, SIMULATIONS,......ETC.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

In the second situation where you have proof the items were returned to the seller, how did you fund this transfer?  Bank, CC, PP Balance?

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

OP needed online viewable signature confirmation showing the delivery of the goods to the seller.

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I may be missing this in the PP ToS but can you point me to where it defines the return shipment of over $250 to require signature confirmation?  I can only find this under the seller guidelines as in the past I have been told by PP reps that it did not matter as long as a DC had proof of delivery.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.