Newbie/Completely Confused Over Return Of Item - Improper Tracking?

cookiemonster96
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. 

I bought my first item ever from ebay in December.  It was a LAMB handbag and it turned out to be fake.  I paid over $300.00 dollars for the crappy bag and opened a dispute with Paypal. 

Paypal granted my refund, after a month passed, and I was told to ship the bag back to the seller.   This was fine so I sent it back USPS.  I sent it with a signature delivery confirmation and the package was signed for a few days after it was shipped.

I even went as far to insure the worthless bag for $300.00 just incase the seller came back and said it was damaged or whatever.

Paypal has stated I did not have the proper documentation to recoup my money and closed the case.  I am TOTALLY confused. 

Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

CHANGINGFAST
Contributor
Contributor

if paypal said to send it back after the dispute was closed,, you should have recieved your refund. it should either be on your bank statment or credit card statement

Login to Me Too

cookiemonster96
Contributor
Contributor

OMG!

PayPal told me that because I insured the package (and paid that extra fee) and had a dated, signed signature confirmation card PayPal will not grant my refund.  

I faxed and uploaded both the front and back of both documents to PayPal. The postmarked receipt, and postmarked, dated & signed delivery confirmation card they wanted me to pay extra for them to be able to track it online.  Apparantly you cannot track insured packages online and the POSTMARKED, SIGNED USPS CONFIRMATION IS NOT VALID.

Seriously?  Now I am out $310.00, the crappy, faux bag I returned to the seller AND the return charges.  HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?!

Really?  Really?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.