Help resolve a dispute

Atlas
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had some unauthorized use of my account where someone transferred money to me and made some purcheses. I've disputed the purcheses but now it's asking me to resolve a dispute on the money transferred to my account. The problem is that it's assuming I'm the seller because the money was sent to me. The closest option would be "I have not shipped the item and I will refund the payment.". I want to send the money back, but since this whole thing is unauthorized I don't know if I should assume the role of the seller. Should I just leave it and let my pending disputes sort it out? Any help appreciated.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Joe123

contact paypal directly on this.

if you refund the money back, it could go into an account that has also been hacked. This is an old trick.

Login to Me Too

Atlas
Contributor
Contributor

Um, for some reason I can't email them. When I went to send the email using the browser based form it said "Some of your information is incomplete. Please provide the required information." The only options on the page are Topic and Subtopic which were both filled out. Is there a regular paypal.com email I can use?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi Atlas,

When you go to Contact Us and Email Us and you log in, it will bring you to a form. If you select a topic and then a subtopic, it should populate a text box for you to enter information. If this step is not occurring, try clearing your browser's cookies and cache and trying again.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Atlas
Contributor
Contributor

I can pick the topics and text box shows up fine. It's when I hit submit is gives me the error message.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

What browser are you using? What version? Have you tried clearing cookies & cache? People scoff, but it solves the problem far more often than you'd think!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Atlas
Contributor
Contributor

It wasn't working with Firefox, but I just tried it with Chrome and it went through. Thanks for the help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.