HELP! DISPUTE PROBLEMS! SO FRUSTERATED! SCAM???

deecyr24
Contributor
Contributor

I posted an item on ebay for the 1st time. A woman emailed me as told me she would give $100 for it so I said okay without knowing that I couldn't end my item because it was too close to it's end time. Before I realized this, I had sent her a "Request Money" request on PayPal for $100, but quickly canceled it due to me not being able to end my item. I emailed her and explained this to her, come to find out, she apparently ignored that email and sent me $200 through PayPal. This is all very confusing to me and this whole dispute was opened and I apparently had to refund he back the $200, which I did and PayPal was supposed to refund me back the money I sent back to her. Fine. Now I get an email from PayPal and her saying that I need to have $1000 in my account for them to refund me back the money or something like that and I need to send her $788!!!! WHAT?! If someone could explain this BS to me, that would be fantastic. I am extremely angry over this and plan to NEVER use PayPal again. HELP!

Don't forget, I already paid this woman $200 for whatever. I thought that would be the end of this whole BS BUT PayPal can't issue me a refund of the the 200 bucks until I pay $788...which I don't have seeing as I am a 19 year old college student. Sooooo, I am at a loss as to what to do and I am super confused. I shouldn't have to pay 800 bucks to get 200 back. It's pure BS.
HOW DO I FIX THIS?!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Oh no.....I hate to present the news to you but it sounds like nothing you have received is legit and is 100% bogus.

If there were payment reminders in your account to pay a refund or someone requesting a payment it would have shown under your PP account.  The buyer never sent you money, only bogus e-mails.  The western union payment you sent was in vain and sadly there is nothing you can do at this point.  You will probably receive more bogus PP e-mails including more threatening versions like how they are going to have you throw in jail if you do not complete the refund.  You can ignore them or reply back that you have submitted all information and e-mails to interpol.  Once they receive the interpol e-mail......lets just say they will leave you alone.  

Only advice I can offer is to always check your PayPal.com account page before paying anyone or shipping anything (if you should choose to use PP again).

Regardless of which payment service you use in the future, if you have questions....just reach out to fellow members.  We could have helped you avoid this all :(.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

This sounds like a scam to me:

Do this, log into your PP account and see if her original payment is listed under "All Activity".

The refund you sent her, was this a new payment or did you just refund her original payment?  If the refund was from a new payment you made to her you may also want to login to PP and open a dispute on it for Item Not Received.

Login to Me Too

deecyr24
Contributor
Contributor

I was thinking it may be a scam too, but I keep getting emails from PayPal as reminders and they seem official, which I guess nowadays that doesn't really matter. They say that in order to receive my $200 refund back on my credit card, I have to have $1000 in my account already so I have to pay like $788, which doesn't make any sense to me at all. I have to pay almost $800 to receive $200?! I don't know what to do and I am so frusterated and this has been going back and forth for days. I went on my PP account and looked under transactions and payments received and there's nothing about this mess.  I had to send her the money through Western Money Transfers or something like that. I'M SO CONFUSED AND UPSET AND ANGRY!!!!!

Login to Me Too
Solved

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Oh no.....I hate to present the news to you but it sounds like nothing you have received is legit and is 100% bogus.

If there were payment reminders in your account to pay a refund or someone requesting a payment it would have shown under your PP account.  The buyer never sent you money, only bogus e-mails.  The western union payment you sent was in vain and sadly there is nothing you can do at this point.  You will probably receive more bogus PP e-mails including more threatening versions like how they are going to have you throw in jail if you do not complete the refund.  You can ignore them or reply back that you have submitted all information and e-mails to interpol.  Once they receive the interpol e-mail......lets just say they will leave you alone.  

Only advice I can offer is to always check your PayPal.com account page before paying anyone or shipping anything (if you should choose to use PP again).

Regardless of which payment service you use in the future, if you have questions....just reach out to fellow members.  We could have helped you avoid this all :(.

Login to Me Too

deecyr24
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much. What can I do to fix this? Because now this person has $200 of my money from my credit card. Does she have access to my card number??? I'm going to call PayPal later to try to sort all of this out, even though, from what I hear, they might not be too helpful. I am legit so upset over all of this. She keeps sending me emails telling me to borrow money to whoever I have to to put in at least $500 of it and she'll pay the rest, blah blah blah. And to send her an email once the transaction is complete. UGH. I don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too

deecyr24
Contributor
Contributor

She also keeps telling me how much she trusts me and stuff. I can't believe I fell for this BS!!!!!!!!!!! Is there anything I can do to get her in some sort of trouble after I confirm it's actually a scam??

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The problem with trying to report her is my gut feeling tells me she is in Nigeria.  I would not recommend trying a chargeback on the western union transfer as it could be construed as fraud by you.  I wish there was some sort of help I could recommend but at this point it is past the point of help or what I know to do.  Lie to her and tell her you have submitted her e-mails and IP address to interpol for investigation.  That should at least get her to leave you alone.  She knows what she has done is still a felony in Nigeria.

Login to Me Too

deecyr24
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot even believe you said that. She told me the item she wanted to "buy" was for her "friend" in NIGERIA! So I should just tell her that I reported her? And she has no access to my credit card correct??

Login to Me Too

BigKahuna97
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

She should have zero access to your card numbers unless you provided it to her via e-mail or a bogus PayPal e-mail that requested it.  If you used WU to send her the $200, WU would have you card numbers protected.  

Login to Me Too

deecyr24
Contributor
Contributor

Okay thank you so much for your responses! You definately helped me a lot!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.