Fake Dispute :( - Now I feel helpless.

KristenSeattle
New Community Member

I am pretty upset right now.  I shipped an item (An automobile scanner) I sold on Ebay.  THe item has an LCD screen.  On arrival the customer said it was fine. (as it was when i sent it and put it through testing).  A week after the buyer received it, he says the screen got a faulty line on it.  SO I agreed if he sent it back I would repair or replace.  Once I received it I notified buyer it would take a week to repair/replace.

Next thing I know I get a dispute through paypal.  THey have charged my account back, WHICH obviously had I had that money I wouldn't have sold my scanner to get money.  So now they took the money out of my bank account, AND I have sent the guy another scanner. (A brand new one).  He has not ended the conflict, and its frustrating me, that instead of deciding the case first, they took the money out of my bank account (completely withdrawn).  This issue has been closed, and there is no way to "close" it on my side or contact them that I have sent a new scanner and the buyer has not called or written to complain about it. The tracking number shows he received it.  So, what am i supposed to do? I can't wait until the September to receive my money back.  That money was for vacation which I leave for on friday :(.

I hate when buyers try to **bleep** you.  He now has a scanner worth more than he paid AND they have taken my money back.   I sold the item as is, and I was being a good seller and saying "Hey it didnt have a burnt out line on the lcd when I sent it, but because im a good person ill exchange it with my other scanner"

What do I do?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

gosox
Contributor
Contributor

Im sorry to hear that...

when a buyer wants to return something it is always best to exchange messages in the resolution area....also if you state you do not accept returns, you should have left it at that and let them open their case.  People get so scared of negative feedback that they stop thinking...Buyers are getting over alot on you guys

all those exchanges between you to

you stating that they could return it

them returning the item

and you and buyer agreeing to replace it

should have been recorded.

Any little agreement you two had, means nothing if it isn't messaged in the resolution area..

Login to Me Too

vegas2you702

Hello:

Totally understand what your going through. Maybe if enough of us write and complain about this issue; it will make some type of difference.

I just sent an item International, been a great seller on Ebay since 12/06; the cost was about $70 for their purchase.  The buyer said it was not as good of quality as they expected and wanted a refund. They opened a dispute before contacting me; so I replied with have customer send item back and will give full refund including shipping. I offered this to prevent negative feedback or issues; but I knew the product was a great one; and I wanted it back. I would have kept it myself or resold it because I have sold many of them same item with great feedback; so I know she was not telling the truth.

Paypal emails me the same day I say ship it back for refund and says okay we told the customer to return it; the customer must supply a tracking number or seller must let us know the item was received.  So I agree to this, the buyer says no that she feels she might not get the refund if she ships back; so just give her money back. I said that she would be protected and that I'm a reputable seller and promise to give refund when item is received. Just a few hours later, PayPal emails me and says they issued the buyer a full refund including shippping and she did not have to return.

THIS IS STEALING MY ITEM AND MY MONEY; I"m so upset about this. They treat their buyers better than their sellers. They took a few hours to make a decision and obviously it was not the right one. How can they just give someone an item, I pay for shipping it; then they just give them all their money back over a concern they have. They should had to return it for the refund, Paypal did not give any thought to this decision except making a low feedback buyer happy in another country and leaving their 4 year, high feedback seller out to dry. This needs to stop and I feel the same; helpless. We need to all write to Paypal/Ebay and really complain; it's out of control. They feel they are outside the law and to do business on Ebay; we have to get ripped off. I hope another selling site comes along and knocks them straight out of business. This is customer abuse. Sorry about your issue and hope this doesn't happen to either of us again; but your not alone.

Login to Me Too

c_q28
Contributor
Contributor

This is fraud plain and simple.  PayPal is supposed to be on your side.  Before they took any money out, tey should have contacted you.

For you:

1) NICE GUYS ALYWAYS GEIT IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE SO NEVER BE ONE AGAIN.  THEY LIED AND AS IS MEANS AS IS SO ACTUALLY PAYPAL NEVER HAD THE RIGHT TO TAKE OUT THE MONEY.  WHAT YOU DID AFTER WAS AFTER THE SALE AND YOU WERE TRYING TO BE NICE.

2) E-BAY WORKS 2 WAYS LEAVE A HATEFUL MESSAGE AND RATING ON THEM AS A BUYER AND BRING THEM DOWN FOR BEING FRAUD ARTISTS  MAKE SURE YOU TELL THENM THAT IF THEY DO NOT TELL PAY PAL THEY HAVE THEIR SCANNER AND YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR MONEY THEN YOU WILL FILE A POLOICE REPORT.

3)  RE-BILL THEM FOR THE NEW SCANNER AGAIN AS IT IS A NEW TRANSACTION TO TRY TO GET YOUR MONEY asap

4) CALL pAYpALL AND TELL THEM THIS IS NOT CLOSED SINCE YOU SHIPPED IN GOOD FAITH EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE ORIGINAL AS IS PRODUCT SO PLEASE REOPEN THIS TILL YOU GET PAID.

GOOD LUCK AND MAN I CAN NOT STAND FRAUDSTERS.

Login to Me Too

SingingTelegram
New Community Member

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.  I also feel "wronged" by PayPal when a customer/buyer demanded a full refund & PayPal automatically gave it to HER after not hearing from us since we were on vacation w/o access to e-mail!

I was traveling out of town and unable to check my e-mail from PayPal.  When I got back, a full refund was issued to the Buyer of a Singing Telegram that I fullfilled as promised.  This was a last moment order which we graciously fitted into a busy schedule (with difficulty) which the customer ordered and received a Singing Clown with Balloons!  Both the recipient and coworkers enjoyed the telegram.  A good time was had by all!

Ms. Bao complained that she didn't like the clown's costume and demanded a full refund.  She complained that the clown was "not in white-face make-up."  This was NEVER specified by her and NEVER promised by us! 

We think she is being capricious and trying to get something for nothing.  We have never had a customer behave this way since opening in 1980!  What are our rights?  Why should the buyer/customer get a full refund when we delivered what was ordered and everyone else, including the recipient, LOVED it?

What can we do now that PayPal issued the refund?

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You can appeal the decision.

I don't see why you're blaming Paypal here - you didn't answer the dispute, for whatever reason.  That usually means that you lose.

Login to Me Too

coffee2u2
Contributor
Contributor

i sold a buffalo nickel after wards i sold the same buyer a one cent piece after a week or so hwe emailed me and said i want a refund on the cent that it had a scratch it was a 1909s what the **bleep** does he expect so i gave a refund about one month later he emailed me again and said he went to a flea market and a man at the flea market said it was not real he emaile me wanting another refund i said no the buyer to0ld me he was sending the coin back to me i told him not to the he filed a dispute . he sent the coin back to me but it is NOT THE SAME COIN I SOLD HIM !!  meanwhile pay pal has added the amount to my account  > i am found guilty until proved innocent  SHEEESH

Login to Me Too

CARDFREAK01
New Community Member

TAKE A CHECK OR MONEYORDER AND WAIT ON THEM TO CLEAR THEN LET PAYPAL FIGURE OUT HOW THEY CAN STEAL YOUR MONEY THAT WAY!!!

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Obviously, someone who's never heard of th original Nigerian scams.

Login to Me Too

gnosy
Contributor
Contributor

hello,yea just so you know,we ecomerce crew have seen way to many scams and money orders and checks are the past.thats why we are here on this forum.what happens is called the moneyorder nigerian scam ,as mentioned.i have personally had this scam tried many times on my 5-700$ products.it is easy to see,aperson emails exaxt words [a chain mail letter] saying if product is still availible,good condition,and can there driver shiping co come pick it up.they offer a money order or check for extra payment for driver.this chek/moneyorder usually cashes at your bank.a week later the treasury department wants to know why you suport alkkkkkkddaaaa,,haaa.yep you comit a serioss felony bank fraud.i actually have whole vids and  text from these scammers.i dont bother telling anyone [anymore] ecept future victims but,do as ya do,peace

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.