Do you guys ever get anything right?

chrisd234
Contributor
Contributor

Two weeks ago I wake up to see five chargers from iTunes for "zombies live points" totalling $200 and a notice from paypal that something suspicious was up with my account. Of course it was... five fradulent charges hit my account and paypal picked up on it as being potentially fraudulent activity and locked my acccount.

Does that mean they stopped the same charges that triggered the fraud alert from posting to my bank account? Nope...they are enough to set off paypals alleged antifraud trigger..but not enough to stop them from being processed.

So... I go through the dispute process with my bank, since the account I link to paypal is always empty (because its linked to paypal), and I got hit with $200 in NSF fees. My bank changes my account number to stop paypal and refunds the NSF fees once I show them the shennanigans... Then I get my address verification letter and I unlock my account while the dispute i filed is on going and I immediately order a withdrawl of my funds that I had from other transactions.

So paypal sees that the bank drafts have been stopped (the same ones that are disputed and triggered paypals fraud alert) and allows them to hit my paypal account and go negative.

Why does paypal have such a jacked up system? Is anyone at paypal aware of the thousands of complaints about it? The host of sites dedicated to showing how bad the system is? Why is okay to process disputed transactions, esspecially ones that are suspicious enough to set off fraud alerts?

In a previous claim I had, I was able to PROVE by the attorney general of texas...a letter, that the product I had bought was false...there was no question legally. I had a letter from the state of texas and a judgement for $50k against the fraud (not just to me,the $50k went to tons of people, I got almost nothing), and paypal STILL sided with the seller until I filed a credit card chargeback and threatened legal action.

How is that in any way reasonable?

How is any of this in any way reasonable or rational?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

carlking
Contributor
Contributor

It is really annoying that paypal permits these scams to continue because they refuse to look at the facts like an ordinary person or a judge would.  Right now i have two problems i was double billed and triple billed by paypal itself when they timed out. There is no place to report such a dispute so i chose unauthorized. One got a reply that the dispute was closed because i had been paid by the vendor.  I hadn't.  I doubt the vendors even got notifications. The other dispute was closed because "it was filed in the wrong category" (there is no category for paypal errors!). I cannot reopen either dispute because paypal does not reconsider the evidence even when it is clear that they made the wrong decision and they did not properly consider the evidence the first time.  Probably their workers are under too much pressure to process things so fast that they cannot carefully read the disputes. I think we should join forces and start a class action suit against paypal for not properly handling disputes.

Login to Me Too

chrisd234
Contributor
Contributor

Well, paypal reversed one of the five unauthorized charges...for some reason only one. Now I'm only down about $200. I've read up quite a bit about taking paypal to court. If I dont see progress by wednesday at getting this resolved I'm going to start the small claims suit process.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.