Craigslist Selling Using "Gift" Option

lanemiller
Contributor
Contributor

I recently wanted to purchase PAX tickets. Before I looked on Ebay, I looked on Craigslist. The woman who was selling them requested that I pay via the Personal tab, sending the money as a gift. I did this, reluctantly, and now the woman has gotten cold feet, saying that I should send her the money to mail the tickets, and questioning it because my paypal is attached to my part time business, so the payment came from that, and not from me. 

She also claims that someone has offered to buy them for more, and has not refunded my money, after numerous attempts, what can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bluntmanchronic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mark it down as a learning experience, do not use paypal and craigslist, or the gift option

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

bluntmanchronic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mark it down as a learning experience, do not use paypal and craigslist, or the gift option

Login to Me Too

lanemiller
Contributor
Contributor

I was afraid that that's what I was going to have to do, it's a $250 lesson, but at least I know now.

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There is buyer protection for non ebay purchases, but since you sent it as a gift you lost the protection.

Now if you funded the Paypal payment with a credit card, contact your cc company and file a chargeback.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.