Buyer's Bank Reversal & Dispute & I have no idea...

karasukun
Contributor
Contributor

Sold an item to a buyer for $9.99, buyer paid on the 30th of August, 3 days later on the 2nd of September I get a notice that the payment was reversed pending an investigation by the buyer's bank. Now it's saying it's an "unauthorized payment", it's a dispute, and I have to respond. Only, I have no idea WHY I have to respond. I didn't DO anything.

Now, I left the $9.40 that I got out of the $9.99 paid to me by the buyer for that auction, IN my Paypal account and used that balance toward the total to pay for something *I* bought via Paypal. Since it was going to be used on a PP transaction anyway I figured it'd just be prudent to leave it in there and use it, and cut out the middleman (i.e. - withdrawing it to my bank account, waiting several days, that whole deal). This place I purchased something from was a place I buy hobby goods from regularly, it's in Japan, & I pay in Japanese Yen. Could THAT have triggered something? (Though, again, I can't see how, because the money was in my account, it was already tendered to me, I should be able to do as I please with it, ne?)

I didn't actually mail the item yet (I was about to that afternoon, but luckily I got the e-mail at work before I went to the post office) so it's a total wash (other than the fvf fee from ebay) but why am I even involved in this at all? First of all, if there's some sort of problem that I used the balance + $189 from my bank account to pay for something I purchased, that's ludicrous/idiotic, because Paypal should know that that's the case internally, and it should resolve itself before it even gets to me. Secondly, I've been provided with zero information other than, "BAD TRANSACTION, UNAUTHORIZED, BANK REVERSE, ANGRY" I mean, the person paid the money TO me, I didn't TAKE anything, so I have nothing to explain, nor would I even know WHAT to explain. What, "person bought DVD from me 3 days ago and spontaneously there's now a reversal/chargeback"? I could really care less that they got their money back because, as I said, I never mailed the item, but why or how do I even factor in, at all?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.