Buyer threatening to file dispute.

dean-24

Sold a  laptop on ebay November 20th and got paid November 22nd. It took almost weeks to get to him via UPS, because it was shipped right before Thanksgiving.

Fast forward to the first week of this month(January). He messages me and says he is back from a trip and has his laptop. Says it won't boot. The error codes he gave me indicate there is no operating system(Windows 7) installed. This is correct because Windows 7 is NOT installed, which is why it won't boot.

He equated not booting with broken. This is not the case, however, because I included the Windows 7 disc I got from Dell. All he has to do is install Windows 7 using this and it will be good to go.

I wiped my hard drive prior to sending for security purposes, it's what everyone should do. Would it have been easier in hindsight to load it back on? Maybe. But by the time he paid me(3 days later) if I didn't ship it Wednesday before Thanksgiving, it would not have been until the following Monday that I could ship it out. I always ship ASAP.

He says it is still broken, even though the error message clearly indicates an absent operating system and NOT a damaged hard drive. I know because I am in IT. I'm trying to make him understand but he just doesn't.

It's almost 60 days.  He can't file a claim, can he? Is there anything he can file with his credit card company? I don't have refund money because, well, it's been almost 2 months and I shouldn't have to because there is nothing wrong with the laptop. Plus the price for this gaming laptop has diminished in the last two months and I wouldn't be able to re-sell for a similar price.

He also left negative feeback, ruining the perfect 100% feedback score I had worked to establish.

Any thoughts, opinions, or advice? This is driving me crazy!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.