Buyer filed claim 5 months after transaction was compeleted?

trancefan87
New Community Member

I sold a pair of DJ CD turntables back in May for $1700. Buyer received the item and I didn't receive any messages, BUT I received positive feedback from him .2 months pass by, I log into my paypal account and I see that my balance is negative? I look at my open disputes and it's the buyer from 2 months ago saying they're not as described, even though he didn't  send me any messages or emails, even leave negative feedback for that matter. So paypal takes about 2 weeks and decides the claim in my favor and I get the money back.

Flash forward to the present day. I just sold my macbook pro and Iphone 4g on eBay, and the money is sitting in my account. I have to pay the rent for October and this money was going towards paying for the next 3 months. I log in to transfer it out of my paypal account and I see that my balance is negative? Same buyer from MAY has filed another claim for the same transaction. Is he allowed to do this again?  I call paypal and they say they are looking at the claim again as there might have been an error, but she didn't tell me why. I need to pay for rent ASAP and I have no idea what they are doing and how long this will take! This is some serious money that they are holding after such a long period; I would understand if it was for $100 or even $500, but $1700??  Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.