target gift cards purchased via pp gifts had inaccurate email for intended gift recipient

NickinYO
Contributor
Contributor

via PP gifts, I purchased 6 $100 e-gift cards in ONE transaction 12/25/20.  I sent two Cabela cards $100 each  to son at his email. I sent two Target cards $100 each to one kid and intended to email two target cards $100 each to other kid. 

the ISSUE? I erroneously used an incorrect email addy for one set of the 2 target gift cards,$100 each. 

for ex)  zzzz@uso.edu rather than ------  .@osu.edu     I also misspelled the Ohio state U email as you can see with the "u" rather than O.  I did not have my contacts in when reading Amy's text wherein she furnished her email addy on 12/25 as the email to rec the anticipated  e- gift cards. 

I used PP from my checking acct )linked) and did the 6 $100 gift card purchase on ONE transaction. 

days later 12/27/20, upon learning my one kid did not get her email link for her gift cards  gift as her 2 sibs did, I reviewed her text and noticed the email error(s)         

I repurchased two more $100 target gc's via PP gifts and sent them to her correct email addy. She rec'd the second two gc's without any issues and used them at target online. 

I opened a PP dispute in late Dec 2020  and it was closed as I did not file claim or dispute correctly. The gc's were NOT unauthorized purchases- i agree- however went to a dead email addy. so they are likely unclaimed? How do I file a dispute or request to verify the 2 target cards at 100 each are indeed unclaimed and go forth with refund action? Thanks. PP help via online is a joke.  Numerous messages go unanswered. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.