Scammer billed me w/o permission, provided fraudulent tracking number; PayPal sided w/scammer

brw12brw12
New Community Member

A mysterious charge for $103.38 ($89.99 for the actual supposed purchase, no explanation by PayPal for the other $13.39) appeared in my transaction history, with the money recipient "Zhong An Speedway Limited", a vendor I have never interacted with at all. I have email records **from PayPal** of every PayPal payment I've ever made (PayPal sends them to us, obviously!) but there was **never any email for this transaction**. I have absolutely no email record of any purchase even remotely matching the date and amount of this one. I emailed the vendor at that address and they replied, but they refused to provide any information about the supposed purchase, and only after I opened a dispute with PayPal did they post a tracking number -- for a 56 pound (!!) package that was sent to a completely different recipient, at a different address, and not even matching other dishonest information the vendor claimed via email. I reported all this to PayPal, but they decided without any further communication with me that the transaction was legitimate. I'm at wit's end -- the vendor has provided clearly fraudulent information **to PayPal**, there seems to have been two separate anomalies **on PayPal's part** with regard to this charge (the unexplained $13.39 which is not a fee I pay since I'm not the recipient of the money, and the missing confirmation emails), and the vendor hasn't even bothered to say what supposed goods were purchased. How much more obvious could it be that this transaction involved an abuse of PayPal's platform for thievery? I'm warning PayPal that their customers are being robbed, and my warning is being dismissed.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

brw12brw12
New Community Member

By the way, I have been a PayPal user in good standing since 2005. Can I really not get a human to look at this case of obvious crime?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.