sent money to comiclake. was it a scam?

macs54
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased some tools from a company called Comiclake. They say they are in Illinois, but their phone number is in Ohio. They wont answer their phone and it was such a good deal that I am starting to think it was all a scam. I paid with paypal for the buyer protection. Has anybody purchased from Comiclake and actually received their items? 

Thanks.

Mac.

Login to Me Too
113 REPLIES 113

Djphillup
Contributor
Contributor
4/10. I asked for tracking, crickets. I’m not holding my breath...
Login to Me Too

J2048b
Contributor
Contributor

i went thru a different site but comiclake was an affiliate... ive had a bunch of responses, of course it all comes from china, but not sure IF & OR WHEN it will show up....of course all sites were created in 2019, which falls in line with covid-19....

Login to Me Too

J2048b
Contributor
Contributor

HAS ANYONE received a tracking number? i did....we will see what happens....

Login to Me Too

Juju2020
Contributor
Contributor

I received tracking information yesterday, only after sending an inquiry to them about my order. We shall see.....

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

My tracking number begins with the letters LS and ends in CN. Chances are we all have the same or similar tracking number. It is a scam unfortunately. So far my loss is $62 for a table saw. We will have to see what PayPal does with their buyer protection. This could amount to a lot of claims from what I have read thus far.

Login to Me Too

KFarrelly69
Contributor
Contributor
Mine starts with LS3 and ends with 2CN....I have a feeling it is the same as yours
Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

I received a China Post tracking number and it is bogus. They probably use the same number over and over because it simply shows that there is no information in their system yet. However, I checked with China Post and it is an old tracking number which was never used. I keep getting email messages from COMICLAKE.com's customer service department with the same information including the fake tracking number as if folks in the US do not have access to the same information.  

Login to Me Too

J2048b
Contributor
Contributor
Yup LS and CN, so yeah im going to have to dispute with my cc asap.... Figured so, with covid all the snakes have come out
Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

Just a heads up that my tracking number went live. However, the type of service associated with the tracking number is not consistent with what I ordered and paid for. The China Post type of service for my tracking number is "SMALL PACKET" which has a maximum weight limit of 4.4 pounds. The item I ordered weighs 45 pounds. Looks as if COMICLAKE.com et al are trying to placate buyers with these tracking numbers so they can close shop and make off with the money. If PayPal sticks to their guns and allows the bad guys their 20 days to respond to our disputes that is what will happen. The money will be gone. As far as I know PayPal does not require merchants to fulfil their end of the contract (buyer/seller) before releasing the funds. Considering the time lag between China and US even during good times this allows the crooks to make off with the money without delivering the merchandise to the buyer.

Login to Me Too

BAP1007
Contributor
Contributor

If you were under the impression your purchase was coming from the US and your tracking number begins in LS and ends in CN it is not coming from the US if at all. The tracking numbers I described are China Post. If the item you purchased weighs more than 4.4 pounds it is likely not associated with your purchase and your have been scammed. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.