resolution centre not helping me receive refund to mistaken payment

JPT19
Contributor
Contributor

Hi My recent payment to an unknown Seller "Show Runner" went through without any required service or knowledge. If you notice the description of the payment it contradicts who this seller is and what he offers. Allegedly from background research this seller is a spiritual medium company. The payment of $45USD was sent for Israeli genealogical research membership! Completely opposite Service and mistake. I contacted this seller to refund the funds immediately as there was some sort of mistake and they did not respond and accepted the payment that does not belong to them neither did I purchase any service from them. It appears they were a seller used by someone who accessed my PayPal last year (most likely a relative) and hence why I initially reported this case as unauthorised since I didn't recognise the seller or the payment. Regardless, I made contact to receive my refund since I didn't purchase any goods and services from them they haven't even made contact with me. PayPal closed the case and did not address the dispute for me to receive my refund. Please act immediately and return my money. Thank you Jean Pierre Tabar

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JPT19 

There is a lot of steps you need to take to send a payment so if you took all of those steps and you actually made payment to this PayPal account, then it does not qualify as an unauthorized payment. That is why PayPal closed your case. And how did you end up sending this person a payment? Was payment made at an online store? Did you send it to the wrong email address because the email address popped up in the field and you clicked the wrong one? And how did you send this payment? Friends and family or goods and services? If you sent it by goods and services, you should be able to dispute it as Item Not Received instead. If you paid by credit card, perhaps contact your card issuer to dispute it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JPT19
Contributor
Contributor
I must have accidentally sent to wrong seller. The seller knows they were not consulted for any services yet accepted payment. I requested a refund twice now and I made the correct payment to the correct seller Two days later after I received an email from them that my membership was not updated. That's what allowed me to notice the wrong initial payment sent to this unknown seller. I believe they were saved on my dashboard 1-2years ago and somehow the payment was incorrectly sent to them. Why hasn't PayPal addressed this and assisted in my refund?? Do I need to contact my bank now?? This is clearly wrong and I did highlight it was unauthorised because the payment took me by complete surprise since I didn't recognise this seller. What prompted me to research is PayPal closing my case and telling me there's historical transactions made to this unknown seller. I can only conclude that 1-2years ago a relative of mine asked for my PayPal account to make transactions and this saved this sellers details. Please advise a proper resolution so I may obtain my refund. Thank you
Login to Me Too

azcowgirlsusan1
Contributor
Contributor
I have had 2 purchases filed complaints. One I ordered and did not receive what I ordered. The other I received a 2nd subscription to the same magazine which of course I wouldn't have done. Also they have been charging me over $17 a month for 5 months which is more than the cost on the stand. In both cases Paypal just closed them. What are they for if not to help us when we are scammed
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@azcowgirlsusan1 

Check if you had a subscription set up...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.