resolution center apeal

cssv
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have been victim of a fraudulent transaction as a buyer I filled a claim on the resolution center but it was resolved against me last week.

I have further information about the issue that I think should make clear that my claim is funded, I can not see how to appeal to the result.

I appreciate any hint about how to do it.

Thank you and regards,

Carlos.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cssv 

As you haven't said what happened / what dispute you opened / whether you escalated to a claim / what paypals decision was then sadly can't advise as we can't just guess you have to provide actual facts. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cssv
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer, sorry for not giving enough information. These are the facts:

- I purchased a pair of sunglasses from a website, price was good but not too good to be true and I felt safe as I paid with PayPal. The site does not exists anymore, this give me another clue of the potential fraud.

- I did not received the item but after some days after asking to the seller they gave me a tracking number. The destination address of my purchase was a postoffice forwarding service. 

- After not receiving the item I escalated the dispute to PayPal. 

- I do not know how the seller was able to get that data, but while exists a tracking number that was delivered to that address. After contacting with the postoffice service they have sent me information about that tracking number that was forwarded to a completely different customer, in that information appears that the shipment was delivered to a different client from a different seller (Amazon), with a completely different content (car spare parts), and different price. I have not been able to add this new info to the case and the case now is closed: "We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered."

I would like to appeal to the resolution given that there is new relevant information about the case.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cssv 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.