reporting a bad purchase

Kathkit
New Community Member

Looking for help on how to report an irresponsible seller. I bought a sectional sofa from him on Ebay, and within 2 months the springs were starting to pop out. He said he needed pictures to make sure it was "his" sale. When I sent the pics, he sent back a mile long email that basically said I was out of luck. As of several months ago, the metal springs have ripped thru the fabric completely and the sofa cannot even be used. Who, what, and where do I complain, I spent $1000 on this unit and expected it to last years, not months. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kathkit 

You can open a dispute up to 180 days post payment BUT if you open a dispute for item received but not as described whether you win or not will be a judgement call by paypal.

Their buyer protection is not an insurance of quality and if you bought a sofa and received a sofa you may not win.

In which case maybe private legal action against the seller if they are a registered business and it wasn't a second hand item?

If you do win a dispute then paypal would tell you to return the item back to the seller first trackable to prove delivery before you received any refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kathkit 

You can open a dispute up to 180 days post payment BUT if you open a dispute for item received but not as described whether you win or not will be a judgement call by paypal.

Their buyer protection is not an insurance of quality and if you bought a sofa and received a sofa you may not win.

In which case maybe private legal action against the seller if they are a registered business and it wasn't a second hand item?

If you do win a dispute then paypal would tell you to return the item back to the seller first trackable to prove delivery before you received any refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.