refund

bbraswell333
Contributor
Contributor

so I paid $70 through PayPal for a let go item. isn't the money to a man for a ps4, 3 game controllers, & some games. we agreed that I would send 1/2 then when I got the items I would try them to make sure they are working. I sent the moneybag never got items. I reported to PayPal for investigation & they denied my claim saying it wasn't unauthorized activity. so I put it under the wrong category so what!!! the investigator reading my issue should have been able to see the REAL issue at hand. the thief stole my money & won't return emails, answer me back on let go, etc. I have tried everything I know to get money back. ima single mother of 3 daughters & need that money to but my baby girl something for Christmas .  what do I do now?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bbraswell333

An unauthorised dispute is telling paypal that your paypal account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.

Paypal would check IP addresses / devices and if they saw you did make the transaction (which you did) then of course the dispute would be closed.

If you ONLY had an unauthorised dispute available to open then it 'sounds' as if you paid using the friends / family option, is that correct??

If so then.......................

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a “gift” payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

Your only hope is if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately again as it was a 'gift' of money they may decline as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bbraswell333
Contributor
Contributor

Thank yo for the knowledge. Iam new to this & did not understand the "gift" issue. Just sent it through friends & family bc I thought the other way to send it was for business transactions & not for personal transactions.

thanks again. I will check with my bank on Monday bc I paid through my debit card

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.