refund?

sweetleaf58
Contributor
Contributor

how long is it before i have to issue a refund.some one bought a  sterling silver clock on the 13th oct2019 now says it does not work. they returned it to me for a refund its still working.they have scratched the hell out of it cleaning it though it was new  in box.it also has residue of a label on it. i think they have tried to sell it couldn't sell it and wants to return it.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sweetleaf58 

Unless he opens a dispute for 'item received but not as described' and WINS it then you don't have to refund him.

I would tell him to open a dispute and then when he does reply to the message in the dispute stage citing what you have said here and then wait for him to escalate it to a claim.

Once its a claim paypal make a decision IF and only IF the buyer wins the paypal would tell him to return the item trackable (to prove delivery back to you) at his own expense before you have to refund.

If paypal find in YOUR favour then tell the buyer that as soon as he sends you postage costs you will send HIS item back to him.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sweetleaf58
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your reply,as its been over 3 months now i cannot find contact through paypal and if i try and message them back through an old message it says item not recognised.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sweetleaf58 

Then don't do anything.

If he doesn't open a dispute then forget about it, if he does then do as per my post above.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.