refund money on hold.

williamoleh
Contributor
Contributor
is there a way to refund money to a sender while it is still on hold on my account, To avoid them opening up a case. Even after Paypal has taken a fee
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@williamoleh 

You can issue a refund but it would come from cleared funds in your paypal balance (not the held ones) or from your linked bank account.

Even if you could use the held funds there would not be enough as paypal no longer return the fee you were charged when the buyer paid as any refund you issue so you would need to add the fee amount.

If the buyer opened a dispute and you refused to refund then paypal would then use the held funds BUT you would then be in negative for the fee amount.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

williamoleh
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for telling me this, is the paypal fee only taken when money is paid through goods and services and not friends and family. ?? And for some reason I am pressing "issue refund" and its just showing me a blank page.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@williamoleh 

Firstly if they paid using friends/family then the payment should not be on hold UNLESS its an echeque with a clearance date?

Secondly be careful, if you are accepting that type of payment for sending purchases you risk your account being limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

williamoleh
Contributor
Contributor
Yhhhh,ive been seeing something on my paypal about my account being limited but I dont know why that is,would you be able to explain this to me and if its permanent ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@williamoleh 

What limitations paypal put on your account is between you and them, you would need to ask.

I am just a user of this forum the same as you, only difference is that i have been here a long while and give advice based on what i know about paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.