purchase does not show on my Paypal account but does on my credit card statement

susanbilly
New Community Member

I have a charge on my credit card statement from Paypal that does not show up on my Paypal account. Other charges made this month have shown up. I do not remember this charge without seeing the detail. Any idea on how to find out? This particular type of question does not show up on Paypal's resolution list of question. Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@susanbilly

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jay120
New Community Member

This is very helpful to know.  However, I need to dispute this charge as it was a scam purchase.  My credit card company says since it was a PayPal charge, I need to dispute it with PayPal.  Yet the charge does not show in my PayPal account in order to dispute it?  Any ideas how I can get this resolved?  I need help and think I am in the beginning of a run-around situation.  Thanks!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jay120

Re-read the last line in my post above.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bkvish74
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Got the same issue here. Had a duplicate payment which does not show on PayPal estatement. Bank says amount already credited to Paypal thru 2 different Authorization IDs to 'PayPal plugplayer' . All of a sudden PayPal and Online shopping are becoming a headache than anything else.
Login to Me Too

bkvish74
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Please share your solutions online since I am also up in the same imbroglio. Lodged my case yesterday and was asked to read the Visa card fine print. PayPal asked me to phone to US at its customer service following a written complaint! On both side, I can resent Customer care at its lowest. I intend to contact VISA to find out more. At the end, all these mottos like "Payers protection" and "Zero liability" are so eyewash.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.