payment by paypal and credit card

KingKohn
Contributor
Contributor

Ive just been reading other posts here, and someone was adviced to contact the credit card company for help. So Im just wondering if thats possable. When you make a purchase using PayPal its them that debit your credit card for the payment, so Im thinking if there was a problem with an item, you cant contact the credit card company as they didnt pay "direct" to the seller, is this right? so it can only be PayPal that helps?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

the reason many of us who sell on internet open an account with Paypal is (1) we cannot afford to apply for a merchant account ,(2) buyers do not want to give their bank/cc data to individual sellers.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@KingKohn wrote:

sorry the question was to hard for you, perhaps someone else can answer my then, if there is a chargeback then that would have to be against PayPal and not a seller? the credit card company dont know who the seller is directly, so the seller is PayPal

yes,when a buyer files a chargeback with his cc issuer,the chargeback hits PAYPAL ,then the seller would be notified by Paypal a chargeback has been filed.

The buyer 's cc issuer does not know who the seller is,nor does it care as Paypal is the one which holds the merchant account to accept credit card transactions.

why do you ask,if a chargeback is filed,yo are liable 

Login to Me Too

KingKohn
Contributor
Contributor

@nevadasmith 

Hi, late reply but still relevent

Thank you for the explanation, you get told things by (Sellers, Paypal,Bank,Card Company) that dont want you to know anything

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.