opened a dispute and shortly after that my account got deactivated

evgenia123
New Community Member

I bought a jacket about a month ago off a second hand seller on depop and shortly after that the seller deleted her account. She asked me to send the money through goods and services on paypal as she could not connect her paypal to her depop account. I paid 310 euro for this jacket. Once it was shipped paypal provided me with the receipt and the tracking number for the item. I contacted the email I was provided with by the seller to ask about why the depop account had been deleted but failed to get an answer from them. When I was checked the tracking number nothing came up but I waited a couple days to try it again and the status said that it had been delivered to a sorting office, my first thought was that this was due to custom charges as the jacket was coming from the uk. I waited a further 2 weeks to get a form from the office about customs and still had not received anything. I decided to call the sorting office where they asked me for my name, tracking number and address and I was told that their particular office does not deal with my part of the country but the lady on the phone told me she would have a further look. she then called me back and told me that an item was delivered with that tracking number to an address close to the sorting office and she said that it is likely that the item just had a duplicate tacking number and she advised me to contact the seller. I told her that the seller deleted their account to which she said I should contact the an post customer service. When I called the customer service and explained my situation to the man on the phone he said that I an most likely getting scammed and that I should open a dispute with paypal. I did that right away but the next day my account had become limited and I had to prove my identity and provide a proof of address. I did both of those things and this morning when I logged into my paypal account it said that I can no longer use paypals services. I checked my emails and found that this is because I was under 18 when I first started using my paypal account. How do I get my money back? and what does this mean for my dispute?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@evgenia123 

Is it possible to access the Resolution Center to deal with your open dispute? Get evidence in writing that the tracking number is fake, then submit it to the case or contact PayPal to do that (click bell icon to message PayPal). If none of that is working After your best effort, you can use that evidence to do a credit card chargeback if that’s how you paid.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

evgenia123
New Community Member

Hi! thanks for getting back to me. When I click onto the resolution centre I am told that my account is limited and I have already opened my dispute with them a couple days ago anyway, does this mean my dispute is still being reviewed? thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.