money transfer problem

EdP70
Contributor
Contributor

I sent money to a member of my friends a family, I clicked on his icon and follow the instructions to send the money. Apparently someone changed the email address of the person I was sending the money to, without my knowledge and without my permission, so when I sent the money it went to the wrong person, whom I don't know. I started resolution case PP-1-11307972, it was denied, stating based on my history, that it appears to be a normal transaction. I have sent money to this person previously with no problems whatsoever. The problem now is that I didn't change the e-mail address, the person I was sending the money to didn't change the e-mail address and neither of us were alerted that the e-mail address had changed. How did the e-mail address get changed and why was I not informed of the change  ?  Now I'm out $100 bucks and can't seem to get any help getting it back

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

EugeniaArguilez
Contributor
Contributor
Knowing that I have tried so many ways to really corporate with this situation it’s not easy. And likewise i need to send money to a friend who is waiting for the money to send, but it’s not going through.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.