is 163.com address a scam?

barbc49
Contributor
Contributor
  • Last week I placed an order and paid using PayPal, the order never returned to the order page to complete the transaction. The address on the resulting invoice ends in <removed>. Have emailed the seller several times, no response.  I am concerned that this is a scam.
Login to Me Too
191 REPLIES 191

Redneckmd
Contributor
Contributor

they denied me because I opened a dispute with my credit card company. Once the credit card denied me, they said it was denied. I think their stance is it not their problem if you actually authorized the transaction, it is your problem. 

Login to Me Too

FrenchPilot
Contributor
Contributor
To a answer your question on how I got a refund, thought I would give you a chronology: - item purchased - PayPal receipt received, didn’t received a receipt from the company or a tracking number - wrote to the company, they advised the item had been sent but because of Covid there was a delay in updating their systems - waited two days and wrote a second time to the company: same exact answer word for word - waited a couple days and opened the ticket with PayPal for “item not received” - PayPal asked me to contact the seller through them first - seller gives exact same answer - I write back and ask them to provide a tracking number manually - no more answer - website disappears - PayPal says that I have to wait a whole month to “give a chance to the seller to respond” - limit expired - PayPal just said I had won the request and refunded me. Hope PayPal blocks them or something. Don’t know what their process is in this kind of situation.
Login to Me Too

Sdobson22
I placed two orders with this seller in May and through tracking the packages with USPS found that the packages were delivered to two different address across the country. I tried to make a dispute but there are no transactions showing in my PayPal account for that time. I am so upset. I cannot afford to just cut the loss of $130 when we could have used that money for our family during this time.
Login to Me Too

Redneckmd
Contributor
Contributor

Everyone that was involved needs to go to federal trade commission website and file a complaint. Mention PayPal’s total lack of response 

Login to Me Too

FrenchPilot
Contributor
Contributor
I do believe it’s a scam. On my end I made a purchase and received the PayPal receipt but never got any confirmation email from the business or a proof of shipment. Wrote twice to them and they blamed covid for not updating the information on the site and to be patient. Two weeks after the purchase, I create the claim with PayPal for « item not received ». They answered the same thing. So frustrating. Then ... website disappears. Well one month later, PayPal just sided with me and I got a refund.
Login to Me Too

jennett7
Contributor
Contributor
What did you do specifically to get refunded because so many have been denied.
Login to Me Too

PistachioSorbet
Contributor
Contributor

I never received an item, which I had to prove. 163.com has a collection of tracking numbers and used one to indicate a delivery was on the way, then swapped it out with a different tracking number to show that the delivery was received. The only problem was that the tracking numbers didn't correspond to my actual address. I had to prove this, but it's also possible PayPal customer support eventually got tired of my complaining and just agreed that it would be simpler to refund the purchase.

Login to Me Too

Rightson1
Contributor
Contributor
that will be as well. If bank doesn't get my refund I will not let it go. Paypal will be tired of me
Login to Me Too

jennett7
Contributor
Contributor
I’m gonna do the same thing. I’m also not going to use pay pal again until they refund me. They can’t refund some people and not others who are scammed from the same seller. I am not impressed with PayPal enabling this kind of robbery. It’s obvious from the number of people on this thread alone that it is a scam. That is proof enough.
Login to Me Too

Redneckmd
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is strict on the timing of the complaint and they resist you on the tracking number. They denied me because I filled a complaint with my credit card company. Once the credit card company denied me, they denied since the card company did. They seem to think that this is really not their problem, since you actually authorized the transaction. My payment was marked for some guy in Wisconsin but went to China. They don’t care nor do they care the tracking went to the wrong city. My advice is lie about authorizing the Transaction, hate to say it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.