has anyone had deal with LYD Information Technology CO. LTD?

pitorico
New Community Member

I ordered some christmas items online with a company and this other company LYD Information Technology CO. LTD is charging my paypal acct.

Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

Slim14
Contributor
Contributor

I repeatedly had to start the process over.  It is so wrong.  But if I were you I wouldn't except any offers except a full refund.  Stand your ground and get nasty.  My refund finally showed up after 4 days on my credit card account.  I have since removed my credit card from my PayPal account and I plan never to use it again.  Don't give in!  It's highway robbery and PayPal should be held accountable.  I went to the offending website and low and behold it is still up and running.

Login to Me Too

Waltherp99
This is a Chinese company. PayPal no longer offers buyer protection; there was a time when they did, but not anymore is something comes from China.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Waltherp99 

So why are so many posters claiming and getting refunds on here then?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jcampbell42
Contributor
Contributor

I've been sending messages back and forth with Paypal and now feel I'm getting the runaround from them as well. This is maddening, but I refuse to give up. I'm losing a lot of respect for Paypal as a result of this and seeing all the similar experiences.

Login to Me Too

Slim14
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry for anyone who has fallen for this scam. I am super careful when I order but I fell for this too. I refused all “offers”. And paypal dragged their feet. I literally had to get nasty with them before they have agreed to refund my money. I looked at barefoot dream’s real website and they say to avoid this website. “Cozy chic” which is LYD Technology. And yes it is located in a field in Georgia. So be persistent and don’t accept a partial offer. The offer for me to keep their “Sherpe” (and yes that’s how they spell it on the package) was a joke. They finally said I could mail it back and get a full refund. Hey but guess what - PayPal couldn’t even provide an address for me to ship it back. So finally after almost a month I have been awarded a full refund and it says nothing about returning it. Not that I really want it but I guess my dog will enjoy sleeping on it! Good luck and take note PayPal-I probably will never use your “service “ again. You are partially the reason these websites exist. Why do you have them as clients????????
Login to Me Too

ADSully3
Contributor
Contributor

cjmcbride0001
I believe LYD is a company in China based on product delivery and my numerous emails with them. I advised them that I would be reporting their company to the USA’s Better Business Bureau. That was before I ran across these PayPal entries. Folks, this is a grander scam and fraud against USA consumers and should be reported to the USA federal government who investigates international crimes. I’m just one person out of hundreds of millions who’s lost money to them. I ordered the Calming Heat pad in November 2020. Finally in January 2021 I received an item which was a knock off version and lacked: 1) multiple massage options, 2) varying heat options, 3) the weight [as shown on TV commercials], and 4) the multiple auto-off options.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201215q
New Community Member
I ordered matching pjs for my family and can’t get a hold of them either....never got an email or anything.
Login to Me Too

naderehzolghadr
Contributor
Contributor
Yes Ive had a charge of $83.- from them on my paypal account. Im sure I have not ordered anything in that price range from them. But after reading all the complaints I think I probably have to let it go and consider having been cheated.
Login to Me Too

SallyAZ
New Community Member
I ordered a Barefoot Dreams blanket from a company and what was sent to me was a crappy sherpa imitation blanket from LYD Information Technologies. They scammed me for $183. I’m currently disputing the charge.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.