has anyone had a problem with buying from noracora?

barbietee
Contributor
Contributor

I love their items, but don't want hassle with buying them

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Calli
Contributor
Contributor

Have I ever. Ordered 4 items two months ago. So far 3 have arrived, all separately. One of the three is marginally usable, though I'd only wear it in the house. The second item was a top, apparently chiffon, with 3/4 "batwing" sleeves. Looked soft and pretty in the photo! The actual garment is made from a synthetic material resembling thin cardboard, stiff enough to stand up on its own, with short T-shirt length sleeves. Graceless and beyond ugly. I put it straight in a box for donation. The third item was supposed to be a pair of wide-leg crop linen pants for summer, pictured in a pale color with fine darker stripes. Instead of that I received black corduroy clown pants, heavily gathered around the waist to create a balloon effect. Aaarrrggh. From what I've read, trying to return anything to this scam company in China is so complicated it will be a life's work, and cost about as much as I threw away on the purchase in the first place. I'll probably do exactly what Noracora hopes I'll do, and just eat the lo$$. Please beware and don't buy from Noracora! I wish I'd seen all the horrible reviews before I did.

Login to Me Too

JAArnn
Contributor
Contributor

I will say upfront that no one twisted my arm into ordering from this company.  The photography of the items in no way represents the actual products. I ordered 5 items 1 Nov 2019; mid-Nov the 1st two arrived -  2 tops -- cheap fabric, shoddy workmanship.  Two of the remaining 3 items were received by the end of the month.  I emailed the company and asked for a cancellation of the 5th [it had never been pulled for shipment after 30 days] and wanted an authorization for return of the others based on the advertised vs the real appearance. 

Got a detailed email back; essentially all they would do is give me a 15% refund on the 4 items as I would have to pay all the shipping, overseas fees, etc.  I wrote them back telling them I would accept their terms for the shipped/received items but I wanted full price for the 5th item since it had not been processed.  I did get a refund BUT they discounted the 5th unshipped item also and gave me a credit on my credit card that is about $15 less than I am owed.  I am cheap enough that I sent them back an immediate reply this morning; will see how that goes.

Guess I am whining because I would never, ever have bought from them if they did not take paypal and the refund was to my credit card; I do not know if paypal did the crediting or if this company has my credit card information.  I am going to call and see what I can find out.  Wish I had checked here 1st - thanks for your post

Login to Me Too

JAArnn
Contributor
Contributor

Hello - for what it is worth - I finally got an address to write to with my complaint:

PayPal, Inc.

<removed>

Attn: Fraud Investigation Team

and wrote them a long complaint letter.  Haven't heard back and do not know that I will.  When I was drafting a letter to them I searched for others who might have complaints -- there are pages and pages of urls with complaints; I included about 5 of them in my letter.  I would urge anyone who has a complaint to complain; I may be paranoid but I think this is a total scam to get people to buy clothing and then when it arrives and you realize what trash it is they happily allow you to keep it and you agree to discount [in my case  12.5%] your refund based on potential shipping charges.  I cannot imagine that the items I received cost the $75 they kept [for potential shipping and charges]. 

I was annoyed to find that they also sell through Amazon.com and sent them a letter with a copy of my PayPal complaint.  Since I was not scammed through them I think they effectively told me it was my problem [implying they were ignoring the complaint].

Again, I take responsibility for ordering but, as you know -- the photography is wonderful and the items seemed really nice.  I would have never, ever ordered from them had PayPal not been an option as a form of payment.  I am less confident of the reliability of PayPal as a company now if they are representing known scammers.

Login to Me Too

Bev46
New Community Member

To all of the fellow dupes that was fooled into buying from NoraCora I wish we could put this warning on each and every posting from this cheating Chinese shopping site.  I hate to admit defeat but after trying to return the trash they sent me for over a month I give up.  I am going to post on Facebook but don’t hold out that I will help anyone else but at least I will feel that I gave it a try.

Login to Me Too

Zaneyz
Contributor
Contributor

So I received my first item....it is horrible, no where near what is pictured.  Unfortunately I bought more items without receiving the first one.  I’m probably out $150.   Going to approach paypal about this.

Login to Me Too

Calli
Contributor
Contributor

If you do talk with PayPal please come back and write about your experience. I'd love to hear how that goes. Me, I just moved on, $80 poorer with nothing to show for it.I hope you can get your money back or some satisfaction. Good luck!!

Login to Me Too

Sal52

No luck so far with paypal not being very helpful. They want me to pay shipping when items were not at all as advertised. Total scam and paypal is inabling it!

Login to Me Too

JAArnn
Contributor
Contributor

See my response to Calli

I do not know if it will help but I got an address from PayPal  [see below] and sent them a long letter

PayPal, Inc.

<removed>

Attn: Fraud Investigation Team

Login to Me Too

Zaneyz
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you _ I just got the same saga from PayPal - pay for the return, which is to China. This is not the type of protection you would expect for false advertising. I will send letter also. This company needs to have some type of warning as to buyer beware when you go to make the payment.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.