eCommerce site charges via paypal, site glitch, never get confirmation # lost $$$

nygnyrnyy
New Community Member

in my charge PP-D-119126150, i went onto a vendor website who would only take paypal.  The charge was $80 and as is common, the site pushed me into paypal where I authorized payment.  I expected to receive an order number/tracking number, but nothing appeared in the website.   I could still see my 2 items in the cart.  

Thinking the website glitched, i didn't expect a charge on paypal.  Of course, the $80 went through and i have nothing from the vendor.  Lost $$$.  

With a normal Credit Card, you put a hold on the charge and start the dispute process.  

With paypal, I open a case, but it is rejected without doing any work on their part.  No one likes losing $$$, but the lazy attitude by Paypal was pathetic.  

What do you do to get Paypal to act responsibly in a case like this?  

I contacted the vendor and they have given me zero, blaming it on DHL.  Just ridiculous that Paypal cannot GIVE ME BACK the $$ until this is hashed out.  I have zero confidence in the process... will go back to using credit cards.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nygnyrnyy 

Sorry can't advise if you don't say which dispute you opened / if you escalated to a claim / what it says next to the transaction in your paypal account / which option you used to send the funds etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.