buyer not responding to a dispute over a purchase of a motorcycle

eyes99
Contributor
Contributor

I am in Melbourne  Australia, I sold a classic 1988 Yamaha motorcycle to a person interstate, on receiving the bike he seems to have decided he doesn't want the bike and has made vastly exaggerated claims about some minor service issues he claims it has, being 700 klms away from me i cannot check his claims, he started a dispute against me ,i responded to him with an offer, but he is not responding to my message, so how can i settle ,i am not even sure what he wants to settle the issue, I think he wants to return the bike but i am not sure can I get paypal to ask him to respond I would rather this does not go to a claim can take long while cause me a lot of stress   thanks  eyes99

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eyes99 

There is no buyer protection with a Paypal dispute for items personally delivered or collected or any motor vehicle so make sure paypal is aware its a motorbike and collected in the dispute notifications of any dispute he raises before he escalates to a claim.

However he may also file a claim directly via his credit card issuer if he funded his paypal payment that way and that would be another issue.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.