bad restoration vintage dolls

ladiedi
New Community Member

I want to know if I can dispute payment for work on vintage dolls.    Several of the dolls  had work, repainting or clear coating, now they  have nose marks, chin marks,  peeling  clear coat , all on faces.  One has so much  hair spray on her hair it looks like she has lice.  I paid  down payment last year, and I am sure I can't dispute that amount.  The person kept the dolls  for nearly a year.  Finally started working on them.  Some were bad enough she did them over.  That was the biggest problem the more she did the worse they  are now.    Now I have 4 I feel are a total loss.  They cost me a bundle, she charged me a bundled.  Will not answer phone calls  or emails.  I pleaded with her to not work on the last piece and just send it back.  She did not answer , had her husband answer phone calls and tell me she would call me (that didn't happen) She kept that doll head for over two months and ruined it with her shabby work.  What can I do .  I paid her over  a ton of money and the dolls cost me a lot of money to begin with. Do I have any re coarse? I have before and after pictures , that show dolls did not have the problems she caused.  If I can dispute is it better to go through Payal first or my credit card I use through paypal?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.