account limitation

john4041
Contributor
Contributor

my account was permanently limited for over 180 days now and i have not gotten the information on how i can get my money back . what can i do

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TN05
New Community Member

Two days ago, I attempted to initiate Direct Pay for the US Tax Refund however, I received a prompt noting the feature was unavailable. I then reached out to customer service. Their reply was that my account was not flagged and to try again. One day later, I attempted again and received the same prompt 'feature unavailable'. So I reached out again to customer service. They provided two options 1) apply for a debit card or 2) apply for Direct Deposit. Again, for third attempt, the Direct Deposit link did not work. I explained to customer service I did not want or need a debit card (Option 1). I requested the issue to be escalated. The following day, I received an message from a different representative claiming to be a supervisor. Her instruction were 1) apply for the debit card then 2) apply for Direct Deposit. And so, I followed her instructions but after clicking on the 'apply for debit card' button, I received another failure prompt. I contacted customer service and explained the situation and asked for another escalation to resolve. Approximately 5 minutes later I received an email stating that I "can no longer do business with PayPal'. 

There is a vague accusation that I broke the User Agreement but no specifics. I have been an account holder since 2001. I am a verified identity. My usage is infrequent but my account is indeed maintained as "active". The first interaction with customer service, the representative actually noted there are no flags on my account. Now, after contacting customer service, sharing information and insisting on resolution, my account is closed. I emailed PayPal requesting a review and explanation of part of the User Agreement was broken. There is a lack of transparency and the treatment is disappointing. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.