Zestads Limited - Was I scammed and do I have any recourse?

PBob2
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase on April 7th for 5 masks and another purchase on April 7th for 10 mask filters from Zestads Limited.  The first purchase was for $180.90 and the second one was for $29.99.   Was this a scam?  Do I have any recourse?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

jeanrg71
I have filed a dispute with pay pal and I haven't heard anything from them. I am so upset about being this. I work to hard for my money to be scammed out of it.
Login to Me Too

skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor

We are all still waiting to find out for certain whether this is a scam or not. it certainly is at least a scam in terms of their ability to provide timely service. I placed my order 2 weeks ago and got nothing back but my PayPal notification. I emailed the company using the PayPal provided email address. No reply for a week so I sent another email saying reply and prove you exist or I start a dispute. Today I got replies to both emails saying the mask had shipped and providing a tracking number. The number was the same in both emails. It says my item is still in transit. I have to wonder if the tracking number is real or made up. I hope this is not a total scam, but it anyone else got a tracking number I think it would be useful to compare and see if they are different or not. Obviously if we all are getting the same phony tracking number we would have our answer.

Login to Me Too

kmaster1957
Contributor
Contributor

I just lost a dispute with this scam company. I think Paypal is part of this. There are so many complaints about Zestads and yet Paypal continues to let them offer service to them.

I ordered and paid $75...heard nothing. Then read all of the complaints....requested a refund....when that did not get a response (even though the say the will answer immediately) ...I filed a dispute. Only after that did Zestads send me a tracking number proving that my order was shipped. That tracking number is for a USPS package that has never shipped. 

The frustrating thing is that I thought using paypal would make it difficult for a scammer. Paypal sided with Zestads (seller) even though nothing has been actually shipped, and will probably never be shipped. Personally, I am just about ready to delete this Paypal account. My credit card is more responsive to scammers than Paypal. Very disappointing

Login to Me Too

sandtamccasker
Contributor
Contributor
I order 2pair insoles when I see receipt was 12 pair I contact paypal for address send back sent to Hong Kong was there they try deliver I had to get back contact seller say China I sent there got July 2020 now say I not recieve refund over 45 day limit as was wrong address I believe I'm entitled refund cost me $552.90 AU plus time shipping costs didn't send back items to me not that I want them just What they owe me why would they give wrong address to paypal
Login to Me Too

skallagrim
Contributor
Contributor

As a matter of fairness I believe I should update my previous comment. Although the customer service was below standards at least to the extent I had to continue to contact them rather than the other way around, and while the delay was far more than was advertised when I ordered it, I did finally get my order after two months. So while I do not think I would do business with these folks again, they are NOT a scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.