I have tried to verify my address for the second time to no avail.

rijstpapi
Contributor
Contributor

As the title says, first time I sent it in I was promised I would have my account reviewed in 2-4 days. Took almost 2 weeks and an email to support to get it reviewed. Now they limited my account after I put money on it having that money stuck on my account. They are keeping MY money on MY account and not letting me take it off again like some bandits. I am sick and tired of having to verify my phone number each time I log in and now this adds even more anger to the pile. Eachtime I have to pray that the person I buy something from doesn't have to wait 72h to get his money since paypal loves to randomly restrict and hold payments EVEN TO MY OWN BANK!

The amount of times I have been scammed aswell is just absurd. I will show an entire conversation between me and the person and the person won't even reply and win the dispute.

Anyway back to the topic in question: about to send in my address for the third time, any tips? The last 2 times were valid addresses but since I still live with my mother I don't have proof of my address on an electricity bill or phone bill and when I print my bank statements it doesn't have my address on it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @rijstpapi,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues providing documentation to verify your address. Normally this is due to not providing the proper documentation PayPal is requesting. These documents must be dated within the last 3 months to be considered acceptable to provide a proof of address:

• Current utility bill
  • Bank, credit card, or financial statement
  • Cell phone bill

Since you're unable to provide a utility bill or cell phone bill, and the bank statements you print don't have your address on them, I might recommend reaching out to your financial company directly and ask them for a statement with an address on it. Otherwise, the limitation on your account may not be able to be lifted.

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.