“You’ve escalated this problem to a claim.... we’ll have to deny your case.” ???

Mays_O
Contributor
Contributor

A seller displayed her email on eBay, so I contacted her by email. She sent me an invoice and asked me to pay via PayPal.

I was then instructed by the seller to click on “confirm receipt” on PayPal because it was a required by their company for my order to be shipped. This she only told me after I had paid (a sum of $2,891.00 USD). After much hesitation on my part and much persuasion from her that my order would be delivered within 2 days of confirming receipt, I went ahead to click on “confirm receipt” on PayPal.

However, soon after confirming receipt, I noticed something unusual in the email address of the seller. The email displayed on eBay and to which I sent my first email was xxxx.med.xxx.com (XXXX.MED.XXX.com) but the reply to my first email and subsequent communications with me were from xxxx.rned.xxxx.com (XXXX.RNED.XXX.COM). I got curious and very suspicious given the seller’s unusual request for me to confirm receipt before shipping my order. Consequently, I immediately decided to open a dispute with the seller on PayPal.

The seller, in response to my dispute, only asked why I confirmed receipt if I had not received my order. I had to escalate the case to PayPal.

I received an email from PayPal which states: “You’ve escalated this problem to a claim. Based on the information we have, we’ll have to deny your case.”

I wish to know what this message implies. Is PayPal still investigating the case I have escalated to a claim?

I am yet to receive my order, rather, the seller is asking me, by email, to make another order, confirm receipt again and it will be shipped.

Thanks

NB:

I took the seller up, by email, on the alteration in the email address and her response was that the original email account had an issue and could not be used again.

I, later, sent a message to the “original” seller (XXXX.MED.XXXX.com) over eBay and her response was that those emails I got from XXXX.RNED.XXX.COM were not from her.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kakkaka
New Community Member

same probelm happent to me

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mays_O 

Firstly you lost Ebay buyer protection by paying the seller directly (against ebay rules) and doing an off ebay transaction.

Secondly you lost and negated your buyer protection by 'confirming receipt' of the item.

If you have said you received your item then you can't change your mind and say you didn't receive it later and so you would lose any dispute for non receipt of item.

Your only option is to try a chargeback if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card? But they may refuse for the same reason ie you confirmed receipt of item.

Or as the sellers ebay account may have been hacked then contact customer services and see if they will help you?

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.