You can no longer use PayPal

getjeffrey
Contributor
Contributor

This is the email I received evidently, because I used a VPN.  At first, no explanation from the agent. Just it's permanent and irreversible. Finally, she asked about a VPN. I said how was supposed to know not to use a VPN when using the app? NO ANSWER. I asked to speak to a manager and was transferred. No one ever picked up. Now I wouldn't do business with PayPal if they begged me, and in America.

We should all file a class-action lawsuit against PayPal, and put them in their place. Now they're talking about making their app into a super-app. Can you imagine going all in with PayPal and then being arbitrarily booted. I'm glad this happened when it did. PayPal your a **bleep**! Go to hell.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@getjeffrey 

Restricted Activities

In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you must not:

• Use an anonymizing proxy; use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our websites without our prior written permission; or use any device, software or routine to bypass our robot exclusion headers;

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

getjeffrey
Contributor
Contributor

VPNs are so prevalent they advertise them on TV in the US. As a serious  means of privacy and security. But, PayPal, unlike regular banks gives it's customers NO COURSE OF ACTION to verify or prove the account is indeed theirs. PayPal is talking about becoming a super app. Please, can you imagine going all in with PayPal, only to have your account arbitrarily closef, WITH NO COURSE OF ACTION. ABSOLUTELY NOT! Every legitimate bank and credit card company allows its customers to simply contact customer  support and verify their account, in case security protocols kick in. I'm so disgusted with PayPal I could spit! Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.