You Can't Use PayPal anymore.

rohanvrm
Contributor
Contributor

K so PayPal limited my account because I owed them money, I paid the money already and it was still limited, so I created another account. Then the new account also got limited and they said to send a photographic ID, u gotta be 18 to use Paypal and I'm not 18 so I sent them a pic of my fake ID - then they told me they were terminating my account (wow, who would've thought that a banking company would realise). Now I don't care about getting this account back, but how can I open a new account without getting this stupid restriction, do I just have to wait to turn 18?? I've literally tried opening 5 different accounts and I found out that they become limited once I give either my real name or link my card.

Does this mean I'm permanently banned from creating a Paypal account under my real name? Do I have to get a new card and just use a fake name??

The screen doesn't give me much info other than

"We can no longer offer you PayPal services."

"Any bank account or credit card details attached to your PayPal account can't be removed nor can they be used to create a new account."

Is that permanent or what

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rohanvrm 

You really think you can open a legal financial account underage and with fake details??

Are you 12 ???

I doubt as you have repeatedly broken paypal rules that they will ever let you open a paypal account even after 18, any accounts you open will soon be limited as you have a permanent ban.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rohanvrm
Contributor
Contributor

mmm, it's worked for me in the past - so yes I do think I can. I guess I'll have to use a new phone number and card but I should be good so long as I don't have to verify my ID 🙂

Good guess, but no I'm 17.

Have a nice day

Login to Me Too

rohanvrm
Contributor
Contributor

Just thought I'd update you - I've now opened a PayPal account under a different name, the restriction was placed on it in about a day.

I photoshopped a slightly better fake ID, sent it through and surprisingly it worked! Who knew all it took to fool a banking company was a scruffy photoshop 😃

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.