Wrongful Payment Dispute

Tom39110
New Community Member

Hello To Anyone Interested In My Problem -

For simplicity of reading, I will be putting this in sort of outline form.

1) 10/23/2020, I sold items from a total of four (4) auctions to one buyer on eBay.

2) 10/23/2020, The buyer paid total of $56.34 via PayPal, I combined shipping and shipped immediately.

3) 10/26/2020, USPS Priority Mail package arrives at buyer's shipping address.

4) 10/29/2020, I received email notice from PayPal of payment dispute, Case ID: PP-D-89387278, claiming  "charged for a cancelled subscription".

5) 10/29/2020, I responded to the dispute, explaining payment was for eBay auctions and not a subscription. I provided the auction numbers, and the

USPS Priority Mail tracking number for the package.

6)  10/29/2020, I contacted the buyer, asking for information about the dispute. Buyer replied the same day that the dispute had arisen from an

error made when the buyer contacted Capital One about a separate issue regarding a credit card. Buyer stated issue was resolved and dispute

would be dismissed.

7)  11/01/2020, I received notice from PayPal that the dispute was still open, but that money had been removed from my account to return to the

buyer ($56.34) plus an additional fee of $20.00 charged by PayPal, making a total deducted from my account of $76.34.

😎  The dispute is still showing an "open" status, but I do not have the option of adding any additional information.

9)  I contacted the buyer once again who emailed back and told me another contact had been made with Capital One, and buyer was told the issue

was resolved. I can not enter this information into the dispute, as I do not have that option.

My question is: Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the attention of someone who can judge this issue at PayPal?

It is looking to me, at this point, this is a hopeless situation, and I am going to have a loss of funds that is very unfair.

Thank you to anyone who reads this, and especially to anyone who tries to help.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.