Wrong PayPal email address on eBay, please help!

Andersonr876
Contributor
Contributor
Not sure if this thread is active or not, hello! I sold a high value item on my eBay recently - it was an old account as I forgot my login to my newer one. No issues selling, item sold for £320. Buyer sent money but I never received it. I assumed it was because it was the first sale in a while and was on hold. However upon checking it seems that my PayPal address was set at a address at googlemail.com rather than the actual address at gmail.com Seller is very patient and says the money has left her bank. I have no money entered my account (obviously as that account doesn’t exist!) and have done a cancellation on the eBay item as per her request. It’s now saying I need to refund? I can not refund as I don’t have the money to refund obviously. What now? Does anyone know? Do we wait for eBay to sort this or start a PayPal dispute? Of course I want my buyer to have her money back so we can redo the transaction as per her request.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Fern951
New Community Member

Did you get a resolve to this at all?? I'm having the same problem 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi there!

@Andersonr876

@Fern951

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, if the transaction was sent by the buyer to an email address that is not linked to any PayPal account, the payment would remain 'Unclaimed'. If this is the case, the buyer can cancel the payment from their PayPal account directly. If instead, the payment is 'Completed' on the buyer's side, it means that the email address is actually linked to a PayPal account. If this is the case, you may have created another PayPal account in the past that you do not recall and due to this, I would recommend calling our Customer Service. 

If you would like to call in, you can find the correct phone number for your country by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal homepage and by clicking 'Contact us' and then 'Call us'.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.