Will never use again

FormerUser9001
New Community Member

Seems as I peruse thru the forums that I am not the first, nor do I expect to be the last with this issue or a similar one.

I am fully aware that in the T&C there are things that transpired my with transaction and subsequent "banning for life" as I am calling it that in hindsight could have been done or handled better. Or as they call it:

"After a review, we've decided to permanently limit your account due to potential risk. You’ll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal."

And I am fine with that and I have already closed my personal account because of this and will never use PayPal again. But I think it is absurd that with only minimal input from me or the other half of my transaction this was decided. "Guilty until proven inno....um, wait...guilty" Whatever.

This was to be a payment for the remaining proceeds from a business purchase. The last funds owed to me by the seller. He sent the payment and I was assessed $138 in 'fees'. I am ok with fees, but as a small business owner I found that amount to be exhorbitant. I told the seller of the business ( the payer) "wow, that is a big fee and I am not liking that very much" He says to me (since we are in the same room conducting this transaction) "I will just cancel the transaction and write you a check instead and you can respond to the email you will receive from Paypal agreeing to the cancellation." So we do that and both of us take the necessary action on the emails we received for the "disputed" transaction. They put everything on hold so we decided to wait on that outcome. Later that evening I receive an email saying they ruled in my favor and the funds were put back in...minus the $138.00. I tell the seller I would just eat the charges and not to worry about it. Done, or so I thought...

My first email this morning was the above quoted statement from Paypal and the payer received the same thing. We both call and ask for help. His account is reinstated and he is able to continue using Paypal. I however am not. We both stated our cases, clearly and identically. I am banned, he is ok. Good for him, I am glad he can continue because he relies on Paypal a lot for his businesses. I however do not and will not...Ever again, mainly because well...I can't and also because I wouldn't after this.

I was however able to have them refund the payment to him and not hold my money for 180 days, which is apparently a normal practice for Paypal, so I am a $0 balance and am closing my business log-in tonight as soon as I am done with this review/post/whatever.

This was a legit transaction that we mutually agreed to terminate, again I have read the T&C that you commit to when signing up and I know why it is a flagged transaction but after both of us explaining our situation he is ok to continue but I was docked the $138 and banned...I will never agree with that decision.

I only write this so others can be aware and not to make the same mistake. If anyone from Paypal cares to discuss it (not for my benefit or reinstatement) so that maybe they will think twice before kicking someone else out for similar transactions I am happy to discuss it.

One last thing, the two people I talked to on the phone were 100% professional and did their job. I in no way harbor ill will to those two Paypal employees.

Thank you and good riddance, my business is going elsewhere.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.