Will closing my account remove allow my details to be used on another account.

Thomas2613
Contributor
Contributor

Today my paypal account was suspended because I had to prove my identity (which showed my date of birth) and this showed my account was created before the age of 18, which yeah I get was a bad idea, but I have been using this account for the last 4 years with no problems until now, most of my use of this account has been in the last year where I have been over the age of 18.

I have tried going into my account settings to remove all my information, I can't remove anything, my address, phone number, bank account, debit card, secondary, third, fourth linked emails.

I need to use paypal, so the email I recieved says to create a different account with a different email. I don't have a different email.

If I were to close my account would it remove all my details and allow me to use them in another account, if not what else can I do.

This has been a major ball ache and a terrible experience all the way through, it started with "Suspicious activity noticed on your account" relating to someone adding a card to my account, there had been none, then they asked me to verify my card and send in proof of my identity, next day they close my account. Not happy.

I need to get this new paypal account setup pretty quickly, so if anyone has any ideas, please throw them my way.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thomas2613 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you may not have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18, unless customer services allow you to transfer the funds to a parents account?

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again OR any of the information on it AND you would not be able to use that email address again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account and open a new account..

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Thomas2613
Contributor
Contributor

I understand I was in the wrong, that's not what this question is about, I am over 18 and I am asking if I can close my account to use my information on another account.

I know I lied about my age, but all I am asking is if I can use my secondary linked emails to open another account once I have had this account closed.

I am saying this again, I understand I was in the wrong, I am no longer a minor.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.