Why i can not see where is the held money?

stavro1
New Community Member

I sold a perfume on ebay. Buyer saw it as fake and ebay with paypal obliged me, to provide a full refund. I had no money on my paypal balance at the moment that buyer decide to return it, and paypal was showing negative balance, the value of the perfume 111 euros. As i could not offer a shipping label for the return fees to the buyer, i asked him give me his paypal email so i send him cash through paypal. I tried send the return fees but paypal was asking plus the 111 euros, the value of the perfume. So i put in my paypal balance 111 plus the return fees. Now my account does not show the negative balance, but the transaction disapearded from paypal list. I can not find where is ny money, the 111 euros that paypal held, and i received from ebay a message saying "Refund the buyer when you receive the perfume" I agree, to provide the refund, but where is my 111 euros that paypal held? I hope that is not a paypal fraud.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @stavro1

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about the negative experience you've had with your dispute. Any money that is being held due to the open dispute will release once the dispute is resolved. If you process a refund through the case, then eBay should pull the money from what's on hold. For further assistance, you can contact support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Support is also available if you send a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal. 

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan 

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.