Why did PayPal steal my money?

CUNNINGHAM11

PayPal took my money that I received for the product sold.

PayPal
-negative $787.37
May 8, 2020
Transfer

Paid with PayPal Cash Plus balance Transaction ID 4B092426AE5271142
Seller info PayPal Note $787.37 USD;PayPal Posting Date:May 8, 2020;Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation;.

THIS IS FRAUD
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @CUNNINGHAM11 thank you for sharing your concern with us. If you are saying that you sold something online but your account is now on a negative balance,most likely your buyer filed a dispute on that particular transaction. Please check your email and see if we've sent you an email stating that your buyer filed a dispute. If yes,we didn't take your money,we just place it as negative in the event that we need to refund the buyer. But,once it's resolved on your favor, that payment will show as an available balance on your PayPal Account. If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

robbinn

why did you steal my money? $571.04 USD;PayPal Posting Date:May 5, 2020;Payment to:Paypal;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation;PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.