What to do with this scam

ThemisT
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I paid an amount of $67 for two lightsabers online. The items looked amazing on photos and videos for the price. Although I paid for expedited delivery there was a delay and so I tried to contact them by email onto 3 different addresses but I had no reply. Finally the lightsabers arrived after some time. I have to inform you here that when i went to the Post office to pick the Package it looked extremely small for I was expecting. When I opened the package to my surprise the lightsabers inside where the ones you could buy for $1 d at any kiosk shop around the world. Not only there were toys but they were also damaged. I send an email again this time via PayPal, they gave me the correct e-mail address, and their reply was that they were Sorry about it and that I have to send it back via UPS etc order to be refund and that they would do so only if they agreed too. Needless to say that the return delivery would be paid by me. I have contacted PayPal and they rased a case. I then Googled my issue and I found that many many many people were deceived too. it's is not a matter of money but a matter of principle. I've been cheated. I'm fuming. Now a company name such as PayPal should immediately resolve this issue because the "scam" company is using them and that will definitely have bad repercussions on their name. Up until now nothing has been done and as i can see in Facebook they are still there with another 2 different names plus the one I dealt with.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ThemisT

Your best bet is to read up on paypal buyer protection before you start buying so you know what is and what is not offered.

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ThemisT

Your best bet is to read up on paypal buyer protection before you start buying so you know what is and what is not offered.

In the event of a dispute you nearly always have to return the item back to the seller so you bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

iwasscammed1
Contributor
Contributor

Its a scam mate, even PayPal is a scam and regulated offshore
You need to check the background of the seller and even then you may not be safe

don't fall for it like i did

i have all evidence to back my claim

Login to Me Too

ThemisT
Contributor
Contributor
Hi mate, the thing is that I've taken it very personal and I've called PayPal were they promised that all would be fine. They told me to return the item and provide them with a tracking number via the resolution center. But when i log in there is nowere to provide them with a tracking number.
Login to Me Too

iwasscammed1
Contributor
Contributor

yeah they will get you mate. they owe me almost $6,000
i returned the item, the seller refused the item and paypal say they cannot track it
they are regulated offshore and are a scam
they will admit that when you call them too, its a joke

Login to Me Too

ThemisT
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately yes PayPal is a scam too. At the beginning I was under the impression that they would help me but yes , as you said, they told me that that they couldn't track my return shipment tracking number. But as I said I've taken this personally and Ive started working on suing PayPal via my law office. I've collected all the email exchanged with PayPal and i have recorded all but the first phone calls I've had with them. It'll be fun. If you're interested let me know and ill put your claim together.
Login to Me Too

Missshirleyj
Contributor
Contributor
Good for you for standing up to them! Hope your caae has been settled by now. But, may i ask, what did u buy, online, that cost 6k? --missshirleyj
Login to Me Too

ThemisT
Contributor
Contributor
No mine was just $67 but that's not the point. The point is what's right!
Login to Me Too

ThemisT
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there mate, I forgot to tell you that PayPal refunded all my money only after I told them that I’m taking legal action against them. Without hesitation (and dignity) they’ve refunded all.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.