Warning, Warning!!!!

Stolenfrom1
Contributor
Contributor
I learned a hard lesson today after making my first transaction on my account. PayPal not only banned my account but has taken my funds. They will offer no resolution or explanation. They will do this for no reason and tell you to review the agreement. After careful review of the agreements by myself and attorney, there was no violation made by this merchant. The agents will read from a script and will do nothing to remedy the situation. The will state that they are under no obligation to tell you anything and as the email states… I would seriously think twice before using this platform. Their practices are unethical and they have been allowed to steal money from patrons with no ramifications. They are essentially commuting the fraud that they are so quick to assume your account is committing. All money that may be in your account if limits are placed will be held and not released, in some cases kept by PayPal for liquidation. Protect yourselves, they stole from me and several others, they can do it to you.
Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Taylorb93
Contributor
Contributor

This is also happening to me, i just made my account today, no activity and got a permanent ban with money in my account from purchases for my business. I dont know whats going on

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Taylorb93 

@Stolenfrom1 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.

Everyone that has a ban states that they have done nothing wrong but paypal do not ban you for 0 reason.
What would be the point of them doing so? They want account holders to use paypal accounts as that is how they make their money.
If you have a ban then you broke the Paypal user agreement or acceptable use policy in some way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Taylorb93
Contributor
Contributor

Sure, and I'm going to tell you I have 2 personal accounts, both for many years, no issues. I made this new account for my shopify and was banned within 3 minutes of creating. silly isn't it? so yes, they do ban for no reason.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Taylorb93 

Sure and I am going to tell you that you have just given me the reason for your ban.

You are only allowed a maximum of 2 Paypal accounts and only then if 1 of them is personal and the other 1 is business.

If you have 2 or more of the same type you risk being banned.

You have just said.........

I have 2 personal accounts, both for many years, no issues. I made this new account

So you have 3 personal accounts against Paypal rules and so have been banned correctly.

So again, they do not ban you for NO reason, they have banned you for opening 3 personal paypal accounts against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Taylorb93
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so that may be true but first of all, for this to even be the case clearly I was unaware (for having 2 personal accounts, and the amount of time I had them). and this is because one is simply personal for online purchases, and one was for my personal business as an independent contractor. I thought that Shopify required you to make a BUSINESS account ASSOCIATED with the business website, which has its own email, a different linked bank account etc. so that is what I tried to do. Basically, i have 2 personal and attempted 1 business (I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WAS A THING).

Now, the accounts that I have are in perfect standing. I've never been in trouble with PayPal. what happened with getting banned in 3 minutes? (laughable) should at least be explained as THAT being the potential issue which I'm obviously unaware of....otherwise i wouldn't do so...so you're totally barking up the wrong tree if you mean to imply I purposely did misconduct on PayPal because that's never happened. However I see they have extremely poor customer service with agents who cannot explain anything relevant whatsoever. And along with the person who made this thread, many people have also been PERMANENTLY banned for no good reason. A warning or temp ban - sure. As of right now I no longer can use PayPal on my retail website for something that I am 100% unaware that I may have done.

Login to Me Too

Stolenfrom1
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass I read the agreements and I did not break any of those rules. I did read your response to the other comments and you mentioned something about multiple accounts. Is it against agreements to have a business and a personal account? I entered in all state issued EIN and other methods of identification when opening the account. The rule that said something about an increase in activity, I did make my first transaction so it would have been abnormal activity as it was my first transaction. Do either of these reasons, IYO warrant being banned and funds held?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stolenfrom1 

Maybe it would help if you saw who my reply was directed at?

My above post which you have just replied to was ONLY directed at @Taylorb93  as they replied stating that they had 2 personal accounts and just opened another one.

2 folks have posted on this thread apart from myself, my first reply was directed at both of you and my second to @taylorb93 only as they gave a reason for their ban !!

No idea why you were banned but again paypal do not ban for no reason, that would be pointless as they are encouraging folks to open paypal accounts as that is how they make their money. However Paypal don't give you an actual reason, I guess because it would make no difference anyway if they have already issued a permanent ban.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Stolenfrom1
Contributor
Contributor
Oh I know who you were replying to but as this is my thread I was notified as well. I read your replies and it seemed like you might know a little bit about a little bit. Instead of advice you replied with snark and restated what you already said. You may not think they close fir no reason but it has been my experience that they do. As per their many lawsuits, others tend to agree with me. Their past actions indicate unlawful liquidation of funds and unwarranted account closures. So I will respectfully disagree with your opinion but in this case, you are wrong. Have a blessed day
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stolenfrom1 

Nope not wrong.

To suggest any company would ban you to stop you making money for them would be laughable.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.