Vookea web site is fraudulent

DuaneG
New Community Member

Good day,

Just a warning and question about the Vookea web site (https://vookea.com/).  I made a purchase on this web site on 7/20/2020 and made the payment via PayPal which was one of the accepted payment forms specified by the web site.  PayPal sent me a confirmation of the payment which was made and sent to Nguyen Thi Lanh (email address for <edited>).  The Vookea web site sent me no confirmation or shipping information and I subsequently sent them an email to the address above and to their customer service email address found on the web site (<edited> ).  Today, 7/21 after not receiving a response I called the number listed on the web site and it was a private residence who said the web site was fraudulent and a scam, and that PayPal and other credit card companies were aware of this.  I have since filed a claim with PayPal and tried to call them to see if there was anything else I should do but the system would not accept the call.

Has anyone else had an experience with this site?  Why would PayPal complete the payment without notification of shipment?

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Best wishes,

<edited>

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

RippedbyPeaPil
Contributor
Contributor
Vookea web site is fraudulent AND PayPal is turning a blind eye to the fact this scammer is not collecting tax. All business that use PayPal must pay tax on tangible items. Booked is committing fraud therefore PayPal knowingly is a co-conspirator. Shame on PayPal
Login to Me Too

RippedbyPeaPil
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal sent me a confirmation that Hoa <removed> was the seller. Apparently they are a group of fraudulent scammers who PayPal doesn’t recognize as crooks. All one has to do is go to their website and see what crap they are listing to show they are legit. But they are scammers. Every thing they show IE all their other stores in USA ( not one is found in any of the cities they list) they post a telephone number stolen from a unaware citizen. They address they list as their headquarters is a residential home in Southern California and the telephone number they list as their number is in a different city in Northern California. Total scammers and PAYPAL is making money off of their criminal enterprise. Shame on PAYPAL !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.