Vindictive False Claim by Buyer/Seller who wont send proof of damage.

BullseyeCustoms
Contributor
Contributor

We had purchased an item that was meant to fit a specific motorcycle and speaker setup, when we received it there was a world of issues and we reached out to the seller for a resolution. For the pulpous of explanation we will call this company "ACME. They told us there was nothing they could do and we were stuck with it so we opened up a PayPal dispute against them. The seller immediately offered a full refund upon receipt of the item and this dispute has been closed in our favor as of yesterday... HERES THE WILD PART: While this dispute was taking place we had an order on our website for an LED Headlight of the same value (an electrical item that our policy states we can not take returns on, but offer a 2 year replacement warranty for). Without knowing at the time, this order was placed by the owner of "ACME". We came to find this out after a dispute was filed with PayPal the day it arrived to the buyer, stating the "Lens was cracked". Looking up the ship-to address and checking the insurance we placed on the package we realized it is the address for ACME, and the buyer is the president of the company. Now that we're aware the purchase and PayPal claim are a vindictive action we aren't really sure how to respond. We have made PayPal aware of the situation, and he has not escalated it to PayPal as of yet so they can not intervein? We had explained to him our policy and offered a replacement with a prepaid label to return the damaged unit, but he has denied the replacement. He is also refusing to provide proof of the damage. Meanwhile we have seller protection and insurance on the package but the funds are still on hold because this business owner is acting like a child and succeeding in making our lives difficult because he's upset we returned an item. I'm not sure what to do here. I'm at a loss for words and feel there should be some sort of seller protection against fraudulent claims such as this. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.