Unfairly handled my situation and took my money from a scammer

zod422
Contributor
Contributor

The way Paypal dealt with my situation is disgusting and is what worries me about the digital age the most. I am new to paypal made my first sale of crypto. I had received the funds and release the crypto for the individual, we had whole conversation, i have the logs the payment and the transfer of ownership from me to the buyer and i get a message regarding a chargeback attempt. So I'm new to this and was wondering why the chargeback and was ready to provide documentation and evidence of this potential scam. I was confident that Paypal would contact me and see my side of the story but i was wrong, PayPal wrongfully decided to give the refund to the buyer and now the buyer has my money and my crypto. A honest man trying to make a living and got scammed not by the person rather Paypal. Paypal didn't even give me the chance to prove myself correct and him wrong, thankyou for being a big player in scamming me. Was on a agent since 3:00 pm to try to understand such issue and nothing. Im disappointed Paypal, you could've taken my evidence before closing the case you SCAMMERS.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zod422 

A chargeback is done directly via the buyers card issuer and not paypal.

All paypal can do is pass on any information on your behalf but sadly they do not give seller protection for any digital / virtual sales unless it means the requirements of seller protection in the user agreement for you to read first and then risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

zod422
Contributor
Contributor

But Paypal was the one that was investigating if the case was fraudulent or not and in this case it was since the buyer completely agrees with buying my item. You say paypal can't do anything yet they supposedly opened a investigated my case, didn't even consider or ask for my evidence and closed it following taking my money. Did paypal even investigate the issue because the buyer is still in contact with me and openly admits buying my items. My phrase from the start won't change, Paypal prides itself of protective its users from scammers yet Paypal themselves are the bigger scammers. I still can't appeal the case this is clearly a one sided solution. NEVER USING PAYPAL AGAIN. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.