Unfair resolution

LilFal
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a battery powered adult raft from Three Kingdoms Technology and they sent me a Dollar store child's raft.  After opening a dispute I was told to mail raft back to China for my refund of $26.98 but the cost to return the dollar store raft is $24.50. That's it no other recourse to get my money back????

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Snowydog
New Community Member
Same happened to me. Bought clothing from company that said was from San Francisco. Stuff came more than a month later from China and it was very cheap. Looked nothing like in the catalog. Contacted seller. I had to pay to ship back to China $75.00 and have not received any type of refund. Another transaction I disputed that got denied was something else I ordered online and never received (China again posing as US seller). No way to contact seller. Pay Pal did not protect me on that either. I’ve been using PayPal for 20+ years. Please beware as these overseas scammers are on PayPal. PayPal needs to be aware of what is going on. Their loyal customers are being scammed by Merchants approved by PayPal. I was denied my money back. Now I have to contact my bank and dispute. No one helped me in any way at PayPal
Login to Me Too

HippyBuggsGirl
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me with an order. I ordered a hammock swing and got a plastic ring. I went throught the Resolution Center. They kept pushing my resolution date back. seller offered me 30%. I declined. Today PayPal Resoultion said I must send back cheap .25  kid machine ring to seller in China. Then PayPal provides a non translatable postage. As I do not agree with this outcome and there was no way to dispute. I came here and found others had been scammed similarly and lost the battle but contacted Customer Service through Contact us - then back to the bottom and Message us. I've been going through this since May. I was livid. So I messaged. There are steps to take in order get to an agent of course. PayPal enjoys the run around.  I waited around an hour while adding to my case in the messages while waiting. Finally an agent popped up with no more questions for me. She stated I was refunded and my case would be closed in my favor for full refund. I even got original shipping back.  Dont give up just keep on them. The scammers can't win. 

I will provide my correspondance with the agent maybe it will help you get a refund. Good Luck! 

PayPal Assistant

11:36 AM

Would you like to transfer this conversation to an agent?

HippyBuggsGirl

Yes

PayPal Assistant

Please send us a detailed message below and an agent will respond as soon as possible. If you have a related transaction ID, date, and amount, please include it here.

HippyBuggsGirl

Case ID: PP-D-76368980 Im really **bleep** at pay pal for letting a chinese company on facebook steal my money, send me a toy ring as a joke instead of what I ordered. then make me pay return shipping to get my money back. Then the non postage paid return shipping is in chinese. The company deleted there shop once they got their money. I paid through pay pal for trust. they sent me the wrong item to buy time. I already paid shipping once. I didnt get a large hammock swing that I paid shipping for. I got a tiny plastic toy ring shipped. it is not fair I pay more shipping. You need to close this persons account instead of letting them keep my money.

tem # EASL1OP-XA1C17 ��Hammock Swing Chair Cabana�� 1 $41.97 USD $41.97 USD Purchase Total $41.97 USD Your Payment Purchase Total-$41.97 USD Sales Tax$0.00 USD Shipping Amount-$6.99 USD Handling Amount$0.00 USD Insurance Amount$0.00 USD Gross Amount-$48.96 USD PayPal Fee$0.00 USD Net Amount-$48.96 USD

will gladly send back in a prepaid postage once i recieve my refund. I am not the criminal here.

and its crap I cant respond to any of this in the resolution of the case.

I have been with this paypal service for a long time. with 0 trouble. I have been a good customer for PayPal.

HippyBuggsGirl

12:46 PM

the whole notion that as a buyer you need to fix the sellers mistake by paying for their return shipping is absurd.

HippyBuggsGirl

12:55 PM

this company is operating a bate and switch scam i.e. advertise one thing ship out a cheap item. and Pay Pal is allowing it over and over. return my money and close down their account.

Paypal is therefor complicit in the scam unless you issue a refund immediately and recover the money from the scammer.

Kristin

1:00 PM

I have looked at everything and I'm going to close this case in your favor.

You will receive a refund of $48.96 back to your original funding source. If you paid using your bank, you can expect the refund within 5-7 business days, if you used your CC, you can expect the refund within 30 business days, depending on the billing cycle.
Watch your emails for additional correspondence and updates regarding this case.
Login to Me Too

Untamedmind91
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing. Ordered items that came from Torrance, ca but they sent 3 items that I did not order and they want the return to China which is $30 and 1/2 of what I paid but there would be no return if they sent the correct items. PayPal automatically sides with the seller and it’s pretty **bleep** up and unfair. They claim to care about their customers but they don’t.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.