Unauthorized transaction dispute denied

Graceles5331

I opened a dispute because someone used my card to buy a copious amount of pizza through PayPal on a website called slice.com. It occurred on July 18, when I had been at work most of the day and certainly not ordering pizza. I don’t even have an account with this website so my email not my shipping address shouldn’t be registered with them. Yet when I open a dispute, PayPal denied it within 3 days. I also tried calling Slice.com and the customer service person couldn’t find any orders made on July 18th with the amount that was taken from my account. I’m extremely upset as it seems there is no solution at this point. To make matters worse, the unauthorized transaction made me overdraw by $1.33 and I was charged quite a bit of money from my savings. I can’t dispute the overcharge until PayPal accepts the pizza dispute. Is there any other way I can prove that this transaction wasn’t mine? I thought about showing the fact that my email nor shipping address is not registered with slice.com since I don’t have an account with them but I already told PayPal this and they didn’t do anything. I wish to terminate my PayPal account if they can’t even protect me from pizza fraud.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

reniet
New Community Member

I was just charged $105.40 by Slice for a pizza order in Chicago. I live in South Florida!!!   PayPal denied my dispute within a day. I reached out to Slice but only received and email to change my Slice account password. I don't even have a Slice account. I have now filed a compliant with BBB. How is it that PayPal can just give my money away???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.