Unauthorized transaction, but paypal says it is !!!

yuvalelmo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, 

so yesterday i suddenly got a notification from paypal app, about being charged 53.46 euros on my card, from a website that I NEVER VISITED IN MY LIFE NOR KNEW IT WAS EXISTING !!!!

that charge was for getting a FIFA 21 Code, from Kinguin Digital Limited 

which, as said, I never knew before.

At the beginning, i whought it was a charge from cdkeys.com because i was on this website just the other day, not buying anything, but still thought something may happened.

I immidiately opened a dispute for an unauthorized transaction on my account, the thing is, on the dispute i wrote about cdkeys.com, but i only realized it was Kinguin Digital Limited AFTER i opened the dispute, so i could not edit that and let paypal know.

Now the biggest problem here is Paypal CLOSED the case, saying THE TRANSACTON WAS NOT UNAUTHORIZED !!!!

How in the world can you tell this ???? I never visited this website !!!

when i call paypal customer service on phone they just say no one can talk to me, then they hang up.

PLEASE, WHAT CAN I DO ??

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Gamechronicle
Contributor
Contributor

I also have the same problem you have. how weird is that? with me it happen on 11 october. Mine was also an unauthorized transaction for fifa 21, same charge! i also never heard of this site before...

i hope paypal will fix our problem pretty soon

Login to Me Too

yuvalelmo
Contributor
Contributor

did you get any refund by now ? i also send them emails but they wont answer me !

what the hell is going on with them ????

Login to Me Too

Gamechronicle
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I indeed got a refund. I hope you will too!

What I suggest you should do is to try and contact your bank to sort this problem out. When I tried to contact kinguin I also got ignored 😕 when I tried to contact PayPal it took 4 days of chatting until they told me that they will not send me a refund cause the payment was not unauthorized even though it clearly was!  I am ashamed of how paypal treat their own customer who are victims of fraud. You got to remember that PayPal is not a bank it's an online payments system, they don't really care about the protection of their customer and/ or if they lose a customer or 2. But your bank does they care more about the protection of their customers and will do more work and effort to help you out, banks don't like it if their company is used to commit fraud with (will ruin their image) therefor they will do their best to try to help you on a professional level.  I contacted my bank through email, I told them everything I could and afterwards they told me they will look into it. Within 7 hours i got my refund.

€ 53.46 back in my account baby

So if i were you you should definitely try contact your bank and sort this problem out with them. Don't give up man, if it worked with me it will surely work with you!

Keep me update if the problem got solved!

Login to Me Too

EslamSamir1993
Contributor
Contributor

I can see unauthorized transactions in my PayPal From
Kinguin 92.68 EUR
I never heard of that site. never visited that site
I contacted the Kinguin and not responding to me
Ticket #YZY-56116
I will go ahead and report PayPal + My Bank
also I track same complaints, In Reddit + PayPal Community

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.